turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CP09 notice for unclaimed EIC

It’s a valid notice from the IRS.

also, I’m not the only taxpayer that the IRS sent the notice and didn’t include the form to fill out. Also, it appears as though the Form number they reference is a typo.

the best advice I received from TurboTax was just to file an amended return.  When I asked how the software (which I’ve used for years) could’ve missed claiming my EITC, the rep said that I probably just missed it when I was doing my taxes. I place the odds on that as about zero to none. 

we won’t be able to amend our taxes until the end of March as the IRS 1040x forms haven’t been issued yet.

im hoping we can we file these amended taxes electronically as all reports are that US Mail sent to the IRS is sitting around unopened for months and months due to Covid and understaffing thanks to Congress. What a mess.

Again... for those of us who’ve received this notice... THERE IS NO PAGE THREE... the irs sent us one page of paper... no form... we have the phone number... 

There is no page 3 or form. 
I have one page and it doesn’t have a form with it 

just it and the envelope. 

Just an update I took mine to hnr block and they are amending mine. 

pattieliz

i recieved the letter saying i may be eligible for a refund of up to$6,660.00. also saying that i didnt claim the EIC i had my boyfriend do my taxes and he thought he did. i had gotten my refund already (which wasnt as much as i usually get). letter said to complete the form 15111 sign and date and send back. but did not get any form with the letter.have made many calls but can not get through. can someone please e-mail me with some answers? [email address removed]. or call [phone number removed]

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@pattieliz

They should have sent instructions with the notice. You will have to contact the IRS for further instructions.

Received an IRS letter or notice

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I received a Notice from the IRS that I may be eligible for a refund for EIC.  They said to fill out the Form 15111 and return to IRS.  I looked and looked and there is no Form 15111.

I filed through Turbo Tax.

Thanks,

Linda Germanson

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please check this page on the IRS website regarding your letter. It has the forms you need to download and submit. 

If you have any additional questions, I would advise contacting the IRS by clicking here. @lscorpio1116

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
flap1969

I got the same notice from the IRS and also sent it back in but have not heard anything back from them, have you?

Yes it took a while for me to get my money back about 6 to 7 months they sent me a check in the mail but I also call had to go through a lot for them to tell him it was still being process

Nique21
Returning Member

I got the same notice with the same amount. I did receive the form to send back. But its been 3 months and I haven't gotten a check yet.

shopper735
Returning Member

There is 3 page's. There are 4 steps on the form to fill out. 

shopper735
Returning Member

There is a form 15111 its also called CP 09.

Complete Earned Income Credit Worksheet on Form 15111, Earned Income Credit (CP09) PDF of the notice.

shopper735
Returning Member

Complete Earned Income Credit Worksheet on Form 15111, Earned Income Credit (CP09) PDF of the notice.

shopper735
Returning Member

Can someone provide the address to send the CP 09 form to. For some reason I never got one in the mail but it shows on my updated tax form I'm due money for the EITC. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies