turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

I only had fees taken out. Just checked my 1040 and my tt card and all numbers match perfectly

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Oh and HAPPY EASTER everyone

@Captiankik that's the problem, they're saying that your fees where taken through a third party (sbtpg) and the they close the account so the fear is that the IRS will send it to sbtpg and it'll get rejected

I found this on another website. Hope they telling the truth. U never know

So I called turbo tax, Anyone who got their fees taken out from SBTPG should get their DD on the bank account they provided on their 1040. Check line 21 or 22 I believe. She said they have been getting a lot of calls about this and as long as you see your bank info on the 1040.. stimulus won’t even go thru sbtpg. IRS will deposit directly to your account.

According to the ss i posted earlier the irs is forcing holding banks (sbtpg is one) to give them our account and routing numbers. That the irs will not be sending sbtpg our funds, because it is a holding bank. I had a discussion with someone on a different thread who cleared up the confusion on them phrasing of the ss. 

Doesn't the irs already have our account info . My tax record and my turbo card have the same numbers on them. But I had fees taken out. That's what's confusing.

Supposedly this is what’s going on those of us that had our fees taken from the refund, our refund went to SBTPG first. However in order to do this SBTPG gave the IRS a different act# and rt# then what is on our acct. this is how they get their fees from the refund. So the IRS only has the changed info. Which is why it’s forcing holding banks (SBTPG) to give up our OG info. And that’s why the ss says that holding banks won’t recieve any our funds. So if they ss is accurate we should be able to recieve it our TTC. If it’s not accurate then according to SBTGPs website, the IRS will send us a paper check. 

Again this is because SBTPG does not want to participate because they can’t collect fees from the IRS. 

@LomaDaze if I remember correctly under the circled yellow part it said if you got a Visa or Walmart card you'd get a paper check 🤔

@LomaDaze @Captiankik just so everyone is aware what we are discussing

Screenshot_20200412-044452.png

Also from Cleveland but it only said all walmart cards on the bottom. The top paragraph said visa cards. 

Nvm i see

@MadaraUchiha 

yes it did but ours are cards issued via SBTPG, which is falls into the circled part. HOWEVER if ours end up falling into the “Visa Card” category, we’ll be given a chance once the portal is open to submit updated information. The portal opens April 17th

. But this is all on the premise that the ss is ACCURATE. Otherwise we’re **bleep** out of luck as SBPTG  has already put on their website that their card holders will get paper checks. SBTPG are card holders who both got the fees taken out of their refund and the advance. 

@Sarah0827  Maple hieghts here lol

Mine says it was issued through greendot 🤔,I again I smell füçkéry on tts part

SBTPG Is a subsidiary of green dot. Theyre a 3rd that took out our fees. They’re the ones that gave the IRS our tax returns. What they do is hold our account & routing numbers and submit one that they’ve created for us. That why the refund goes to them first. Then they deposit the rest in our accts using the info that hid from the IRS. That’s why the IRS is forcing them to give up our original acct# and rting#. 

Ahh I see @LomaDaze  that'd make sense,which is why I'm afraid it won't happen 😂 its merica super illogical lol and what you said sounds to much like right to happen lmao

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies