turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

[removed]

This is another members post.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

I reported my card lost and stolen I do not want my money to go on that card

@Devinlynngodfrey  I have the TurboTax card and I got a notification from TT that my DD was the 15th, so did a lot others 

@joeydynamite88  yep Same notification I got 

And if you had them direct deposit and had no card?

your account number and rounting is the same as your turbo tax account online if u go look it will show they are the same 

It also doesn't need to be provided if it matches what is on your tax return. Considering the IRS has those returns on file why would Santa Barbara need to provide ANY info?

@Devinlynngodfrey wrote:

I literally just spoke with them. They are owned and processed by Santa Barbara. Green Dot confirmed it after I got off the phone with TurboTax 🤷‍♀️ you can wait it out if you want but BOTH companies said its Santa Barbara and the stimulus checks will NOT be depositing into the turbotax accounts despite them having routing and account numbers. They will not provide the information needed by the IRS to complete the deposits. 

More than likely the routing & account numbers for the Turbo Card (and bank accounts with refunds routed thru SBTPG) were provided to the IRS by Intuit, not SBTPG. The confusion is where SBTPG says "debit cards issued through Santa Barbara TPG" will get paper checks; but Intuit has its own deal with Green Dot Bank for the Turbo Cards that doesn't involve SBTPG (even though Green Dot owns both; SBTPG normally uses a bank other than Green Dot Bank as its intermediary), thus your Turbo Card routing & account numbers are on your printed return. That's my reasoned opinion, but the proof will come out in the next few days.

I have many articles explaining this but to simplify the matters......

SBTG is a third party who takes the fee and then sends the money to Green dot bank.

SBTG takes a fee from Green dot on top of you Tax prep fees. 
SBTG can not collect a fee from the IRS so they will not be participating and that leaves anyone involved with the SBTG and a card out of luck for now. 

@ that means you have no fees taken out or an anticipation loan. It also shows what I am trying to point out Turbocard is not issued by SBTPG it is just being used by them. that is why the wording on their site needs to be taken as literal as they say

@bpeck1 I read your criteria and was going to post that I read the info from the turbo card. that is basically saying 'why to trust us' and seems they are stating the same thing you are as to why they meet said criteria 

@Kimmediato22  I think they are saying that Santa Barbara can intercept the deposit take the fees then send it to your turbo card with your permission. But why would they need to take fees out of a regular direct deposit from the irs. They didn’t intercept the deposit of those who didn’t have fees so what’s really the difference between tax refund and stimulus? Nothing. It doesn’t make sense. 

Especially considering that you can set up DD on you card through your job. I highly doubt Green Dot is wasting money using a third party to process your paycheck as that would be unnecessary process considering Green Dot is an actual bank.

Because at this time there's some confusion as to what information (account/ routing #) was initially sent to the IRS. 

We're not sure if on the 1040s that we have access to from the Turbo Tax website were actually filled in retro actively with the account and routing number of our cards , showing the deposits remaining balance, final destination after fees were taken out,  and the ones sent to IRS were temporary account routing numbers generated for the third party to recieve those fees.  If anyone has access to their transcripts, showing the info the IRS has matches with our cards, even with refund loans and fees taken out,  I feel that will tell us what we need. 

https://youtu.be/smcREJKOl-4

Also here's a video showing that those that recieved their funds from Chime/ Netspend , wasn't the fund's posting, but rather an advance those companies sent to pending deposits. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies