turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@Stinkerbellkity 

Where are you getting the 2008 info from?

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@Stinkerbellkity That does not mean that it will work the same way this time around. Otherwise, this thread would have been answered a long time ago and we would not all be sitting here wondering. 10 years is a long time for things to change. Not to mention SBTPG was not founded until 2010, so it's a whole different situation now

Only for fees to be withheld from the federal refund

And SBTPG has only been a Green Dot company since 2014. So again, whole different ball game.

Since the IRS does not receive your state tax return, they cannot possibly take your deposit information from it.

TurboTax does not set up any kind of account for you except your own customer account with TurboTax

@NCperson 

You can disagree all you want but if you go to SBTPG website they list the walmart money for tax professionals who use  their service to offer the clients., rather than a check option. 

TurboTax does not set up bank or credit card accounts. 

Hopefaith

So because we got our refund DD to turbo card we have to wait weeks maybe months for paper check? I am still waiting for my federal and state to appear on my card both have been issued weeks ago and I have not seen any sign of either and no one seems to be able to help 

@Stinkerbellkity 

I think I understand where you are getting confused.  Back in 2008, if you used tax service such as H&RBlock or Jackson Hewitt, they would allow you to receive a refund shortly after you filed and we’re approved and this was offered through Santa Barbara Bank &Trust, which is not the same as SBTPG.

SierraCundy
Returning Member

Regarding the stimulus payment 

I had a baby in February of this year 2020, I have 4 kiddos total all under 17, my fiancé tried to claim my oldest and got oddit. So how would I get any money for for the both of them. How would that work cause I still have to amend my taxes to add my oldest to it now but my baby boy can’t be added as a dependent so how would I collect for him? 

Again. No need to beat a dead horse but I am sharing what I was told multiple times and maybe that’s why they aren’t jumping on forums to tell people. It seems to me that it’s always the wrong answer until it’s something you want to hear. Third party fees still exist and it doesn’t matter if the company is new or old. IRS can change anything they want and make deals with these banks and third party vendors. Between the history and what I was told, it all is the same so far. I was told that if you had a TT card without preparation fees that it’s all good and if not then it’s up in the air. 

sweet2

I dont have a credit card but i do have my Direct Express Card for my ssi that come on it so do i get my simulation chick like that

Ok so.....

The direct deposit info listed on TAX FORM 1040 is the account and routing number the IRS has on file. And that is the one that will be used for the economic relief payment direct deposit. 

Remember guys. When you go to your turbo card site it explains how to receive direct deposit from ANY ONE moving forward. This is to include the IRS again. Why are we so scared? The routing and checking is a LEGIT greendot acct. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies