Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Exactly how is turbo tax teamed up with the IRS but you possibly cannot get your stimulus check on their card.. (They don’t know 100% for sure)....You would think that people who have a TurboTax card would be the first ones to get their stimulus checks because they literally are partner companies 

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

That’s the thing There is no definite info and they keep on giving mixed responses.. And it’s really confusing and frustrating people

@Kolakkandi  - I appreciate the frustration, so let''s plan for the worst: 

the direct deposits will begin next week  - see link

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/04/08/coronavirus-stimulus-payments-will-hit-direct-d...

so if use of the cards you reference result in direct deposit, you will know next week as you will receive the stimulus money

if they do not result in direct deposit, than means you'll get a check.  It also means that since you already filed either 2018 or 2019 tax return, the only way to provide the IRS your banking information so that a direct deposit occurs, is to wait for them to produce the website they promised.

The issue isn't IF you are going to receive the stimulus money, it's WHEN.  and WHEN is important if you are unemployed with bills piling up,

for the checks, here is the broad schedule Treasury Secretary Mnuchin outlined last week.  the checks will be sent based on your income on your tax return.

Week of April 24:  incomes under $10k

week of May 1: incomes under $20k

week of May 8: incomes under $30k

etc.

so maybe this will help you plan for 'worst case scenario' - that may not end your frustation, but at least it's a way to plan ,

hope this helps. 

I called turbo tax yesterday and the person I talked to said it should go to my card because it has my ACC and routing number for my card key word is should.  

JacobC553

That is not the case for everyone. Some of us didnt have fees taken out and it is the exact same routing and acc number for both the turbo card and the information used for deposit on the returns.

They told me the same yesterday

So just to be clear, I looked at my 2019 DD info on my 1040 as I already filed & received my refund.  The information is for the TurboTax Debit Card, so that is where my Stimulus check will go?

I want to make sure that there will not be a delay with using the Turbo Tax Card.  I only did it so that I could get an advance on my refund.

Also, in 2019, I had 3 dependents BUT 1 of them turned 17 in May of 2019.  Is she not considered for the $500 per child?

Thank you 

@prestoncd - if the child turned 17 in 2019, there won't be a $500 payment.

"The issue with that statement is that it's not very clear it says a sbtpg issued card and the TurboTax card isn't issued by them so does that mean it will be deposited that's the issue. "

That's not true either.  You can actually view your tax processing information with SBTPG on their website at taxpayer.sbtpg.com/login.  I had my 2019 return placed onto a Intuit Green Dot card and was able to pull my info from SBTPG and saw the amount of my refund deposited with SBTPG and the transfers to my Green Dot Turbo card (full disclosure... I did not pay any fees but did do a Refund Anticipation Loan "RAL" but paid ZERO fess to Turbo Tax or SBTPG)  My 1040 form from TT DOES show my current Green Dot Turbo card routing and acct number on it... so there is still NO DEFINITIVE answer as to whether stimulus checks will DD to your Turbo Card... sounds like for the time being it will be very scenario specific (i.e. if you had a Turbo Card from 2018 and used that same card to have your 2019 refund DD to it... you MAY get the stimulus DD to the card).  Like a few have started stating... once the DDs start arriving... chime up and give details of your filing situation and we will finally have answers.  I have posted a screenshot of my info from SBTPG website so you all can see (not concerned as it does not show any personal or account info!  🙂 )

My Deposit and Turbo Tax Card Transfer summaryMy Deposit and Turbo Tax Card Transfer summary

The banks with TurboTax website says NO DIRECT DEPOSIT OF STIMULUS CHECK

TT card aren't issue through the third party bank.

But on my return the routing and account numbers match my turbo card so that’s where I am confused

@cclemons1998 - i am going to try and figure out this issue with GreenBank and SBTPG. I am not with TT or either of these institutions but am intrigued by all the confusion. 

By chance (and anyone else that reads this) is the routing number on your tax return and the card both 124303120?

that number is NOT confidential -  you can google it freely and find it yourself.  that is Greendot's routing (or also known as A.B.A.) number 

are you finding any other routing number besides the one i posted?  what is that number?  

Greendot is a Bank; SBTPG is not a bank but a subsidiary of Greendot.

DO NOT POST YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER

That is the routing number I have on my return with the account number from my turbotax card. 

Leroyd2121
Returning Member

Yes that's the routing number on my 1040. However I have been told that turbo tax changes this in our copy but the copy to IRS is different. Need someone that can access return transcript and make sure the routing and acct number are on the 1040 the IRS received.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies