Solved: Re: COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people wh... - Page 29 - Community

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

No I wont be ok if I have to wait. I am unemployed due to the corona virus. I have been almost 6 weeks without any income (unemployment is overwhelmed and they have no idea when I will start receiving that). I have bills due NOW and am at risk of loosing everything. So don't tell me I am being greedy for needing it NOW. The question is simple will  the stimulus check  be deposited to my turbo debit card or not? No one has a straight freaking answer. And if it can not receive my stimulus why, and what is intuit going to do to remedy the problem with their faulty product? Intuit promoted these cards as a simple and easy direct deposit solution. For these cards not to be eligible for the stimulus is unacceptable period. 

I literally just did this , check your federal return account infor and compare it with your turbo direct deposit info if they match you are fine. Mine match so it will be deposited on my turbo card

Mine match also. But some intuit employees are saying no you can not receive the stimulus on your turbo debit card some are saying you can. Where did you find the info stating definitively that you will receive it on the card? 

@guitarman4875 - while no one on this board knows the answer to you  question ,there is no alternative for getting it any earlier. 

the direct deposits will begin next week  - see link

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/04/08/coronavirus-stimulus-payments-will-hit-direct-d...

so if use of the cards you reference result in direct deposit, you will know next week as you will receive the stimulus money

if they do not result in direct deposit, than means you'll get a check.  It also means that since you already filed either 2018 or 2019 tax return, the only way to provide the IRS your banking information so that a direct deposit occurs, is to wait for them to produce the website they promised.

The issue isn't IF you are going to receive the stimulus money, it's WHEN.  and WHEN is important if you are unemployed with bills piling up,

for the checks, here is the broad schedule Treasury Secretary Mnuchin outlined last week.  the checks will be sent based on your income on your tax return.

Week of April 24:  incomes under $10k

week of May 1: incomes under $20k

week of May 8: incomes under $30k

etc.

so maybe this will help you plan for 'worst case scenario' - that is not the answer you are seeking, but whether the cards constitute direct deposit or not isn't well understood,

hope this helps. 

Exactly how is turbo tax teamed up with the IRS but you possibly cannot get your stimulus check on their card.. (They don’t know 100% for sure)....You would think that people who have a TurboTax card would be the first ones to get their stimulus checks because they literally are partner companies 

That’s the thing There is no definite info and they keep on giving mixed responses.. And it’s really confusing and frustrating people

@Kolakkandi  - I appreciate the frustration, so let''s plan for the worst: 

Week of April 24:  incomes under $10k

week of May 1: incomes under $20k

week of May 8: incomes under $30k

etc.

so maybe this will help you plan for 'worst case scenario' - that may not end your frustation, but at least it's a way to plan ,

hope this helps. 

I called turbo tax yesterday and the person I talked to said it should go to my card because it has my ACC and routing number for my card key word is should.  

That is not the case for everyone. Some of us didnt have fees taken out and it is the exact same routing and acc number for both the turbo card and the information used for deposit on the returns.

They told me the same yesterday

So just to be clear, I looked at my 2019 DD info on my 1040 as I already filed & received my refund.  The information is for the TurboTax Debit Card, so that is where my Stimulus check will go?

I want to make sure that there will not be a delay with using the Turbo Tax Card.  I only did it so that I could get an advance on my refund.

Also, in 2019, I had 3 dependents BUT 1 of them turned 17 in May of 2019.  Is she not considered for the $500 per child?

Thank you 

@prestoncd - if the child turned 17 in 2019, there won't be a $500 payment.

"The issue with that statement is that it's not very clear it says a sbtpg issued card and the TurboTax card isn't issued by them so does that mean it will be deposited that's the issue. "

That's not true either.  You can actually view your tax processing information with SBTPG on their website at taxpayer.sbtpg.com/login.  I had my 2019 return placed onto a Intuit Green Dot card and was able to pull my info from SBTPG and saw the amount of my refund deposited with SBTPG and the transfers to my Green Dot Turbo card (full disclosure... I did not pay any fees but did do a Refund Anticipation Loan "RAL" but paid ZERO fess to Turbo Tax or SBTPG)  My 1040 form from TT DOES show my current Green Dot Turbo card routing and acct number on it... so there is still NO DEFINITIVE answer as to whether stimulus checks will DD to your Turbo Card... sounds like for the time being it will be very scenario specific (i.e. if you had a Turbo Card from 2018 and used that same card to have your 2019 refund DD to it... you MAY get the stimulus DD to the card).  Like a few have started stating... once the DDs start arriving... chime up and give details of your filing situation and we will finally have answers.  I have posted a screenshot of my info from SBTPG website so you all can see (not concerned as it does not show any personal or account info!  🙂 )

SBTPG.jpgMy Deposit and Turbo Tax Card Transfer summary

The banks with TurboTax website says NO DIRECT DEPOSIT OF STIMULUS CHECK

TT card aren't issue through the third party bank.