turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Why would you have to wait for a check?  Download you tax return;  scroll down to the refund section (lines 20-22); lines 21b and c have your banking direct deposit info;  if you have a turbo tax card, this is the direct deposit info for that card.  This tax return was exiled with the IRS, so they have to banking info.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

after talking with turbo tax the routing number on your card or Tax form DOES NOT MATTER. if you used the TURBO CARD you will get a PAPER CHECK. that is the answer they don't want to tell us but that is the answer.

I had my refund put on a turbo tax card. Will the stimulus deposit to that same card? 

Turbo tax is clueless.  I talked with them last night and they didn’t even understand what I was asking them; then they just starting sharing links to irs.  Turbo tax is not the irs.  If you used a turbo tax card the banking info listed on your tax return is the direct deposit information connected to your card. Go ahead and sign into your card account and check the numbers.  They match.

It’s the same information you give you employer if you choose to have your paycheck deposited into the card

i am going to retract my last statement and claim that Turbo Tax people are clueless. They didnt even understand that it was possible for me to get my paychecks through the mail. I did further research and the fact that GreenDot is an actual bank has me thinking that the money will go on the card. It has nothing to do with turbo tax so why waste time asking them. the card is a greendot card with turbo tax printed on it.

and here is a more upto date info 

The current IRS plans are to issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check may be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office.

so if you got direct deposit you should get it on your card if you had to pick up a check then you will get a paper check.

osborne25

I have already filed my 2019 with direct deposit but now my direct deposit information has changed.  I have recently changed banks, how do I change the direct deposit with IRS so my stimulus money goes to my new bank?  

need to make sure my direct deposit info is correct on my tax return

Download your tax return and check lines 21b and c for dd info

as time goes more info is available. so what i hear now is the info on your tax return may not be what was submitted to the irs but written in after the fact . now that means we need to wait for the portal in order to put in the correct information however there is bad news from officials in the irs

"For its part, the IRS says it's going to build a web-based portal where Americans can enter their direct deposit information, but Gleckman warns "there is no way they can build this thing in a week." 

Well my routing and account info on my tax return is exactly the same as my turbo prepaid card info so I dont think you are correct

My fiancee talked to a CPA/lawyer for TurboTax yesterday whos been with them for 13years. He thought it they were just prepaid cards with no checking account. So he asked for the 1040 since he was trying to help which he did. Long as it says checking on that part it will go to your card that it was he told us. Cause u can get paychecks and other style of payments put onto it

kimmyb1234
Returning Member

i already filed my 2019 tax return by paper check and would like to know if I can give my banking info to receive my stimulas check to direct deposit? I filed my 2019 return with turbo tax. Thank you.

Why would info be filled in after the fact?

The same info was in my return when it was filed.  Who told you information is added to your return after it if filed? Just wondering.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies