turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@amayahofstetter 

FYI ... deposits to a debit card is really going to an underlying bank account and to the IRS it looks exactly the same as a regular checking or saving account.  They BOTH have bank account and routing numbers.

NOW ... for those who used the third party processing bank to take the TT fees from the fed refund and then sent the balance to your personal bank account or to a debit card of some kind ... look at your form 1040 ... if the DD info there is to your personal bank account or the issued debit card you have no problems.  The stimulus check will go there automatically.

HOWEVER ... if that DD info is not familiar then it is the temp account set up at the processing bank to accept the refund, pay out the fees then forward the balance to your bank account or to an issued debit card and is then CLOSED.   

IF this temp account can be reactivated for the stimulus check has yet to be determined ... and since the checks will not go out for a couple of weeks yet there is still time for the IRS and the processing banks to work this out ... patience will be needed during this unusual time in our history ... watch here for updates :  https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

that's where the issue is, are they legally allowed to still have that number or was it a one-time thing. and if they were to even try to reuse it how much time will that take to reconnect every single one

After going back and reviewing my return I looked at the deposit information checking and routing number. It is the same information that I gave my employer for direct deposit so I dont think its even going to be a problem with us getting the Covid19 Stim checks. Review your return go to the app and compare the routing and checking information for direct deposit for other things if it match I cant see a issue but who knows just thought i would share this im no expert

I'm sorry you consider honesty to be a horrible practice but I don't think we're going to revert to making up answers or guessing at what we think might be correct.  Any customer who believes they have better information is welcome to post-that's what a community forum is.

As far as taking time to read the question, you might try to keep in mind that there are millions of people just now filing their 2019, and, in many cases, 2018 returns, and they would like to have those refunds, too, and they also have questions.

Just like the IRS, software companies do not have time to hire and train hundreds of new support people, so customers simply need to remain calm and read updated information as it becomes available and the best place to do that is www.irs.gov

If I'm correct, the Turbo Card has a routing and account number. I looked it up on my paperwork and sure enough its there. So maybe the stimulus will go onto the card because its actually going into an account. I too accidentally clicked on the wrong thing and ended up with the turbo card.  Won't make that mistake again.  

I understand that full and well

My point is honestly, that even when I've asked via CS etc. I get no reply. Just a reference to the same links that dont answer the question. 

So that leads me to here. I see a bunch of people asking questions and a lot asking the same question repeatedly. So...that leads me too.. why arent these questions being answered. They should have something up or a link to get the info. 

People are scared out their minds right now and would like clarification. I'm not sure why that's such a terribly difficult thing to do? Its not. 

So, my statement still stands. 

I'm also aware of the new info as I have done the research however, It would be nice for clarification for those who do not understand the routing number account info and HOW it relates to the turbo card. They're getting confused as it's not a typical banking institution and checking account. It's a simple answer. 

Sooo once again. They should just supply the answer. 

It would save a LOT of these unnecessary questions. 

I hope that wasn't to me. 

Cause I know they're coming onto our cards. 

Some people did NOT know. 

Some just needed reassurance. 

Some just needed clarification as they dont typically use these services and dont understand how routing numbers etc it works. 

Also, some people cant wait that long for their checks to come via snail mail. 

But what I DO know is....

Being a **bleep** doesn't help. 

My refund was on a turbo tax card... So how's this working for us? Can I still add my bank account info?

The reason you get the same answer is because that is the only answer we have right now .... keep watching the site for information when it is available ...  https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Answers to Common Questions

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The current IRS plans are to issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check may be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office.

We are actively working with the IRS to determine how the Economic Impact Payments will be issued. We will update this page when more information is available. According to this message on the IRS website published March 30 the IRS will notify taxpayers when more details are available.

What do I need to do to receive a stimulus check?

There is nothing to do if you filed a tax return for 2018 or 2019 or if you have received Social Security or veteran's benefits in 2018 or 2019. If you have not filed your 2018 or 2019 return the IRS recommends that you file back taxes for 2018.

@Crystalrose no as far as changing it with turbo tax no you cannot change from turbo card to bank it is too late for that. the only option is waiting for the IRS to make the website to put in information but the question is why do that. IF your info routing and account number on IRS form match you turbo card info then THAT will be the fastest way to get your return

On my 1040 it has my personal bank info not Santa Barbara.

I submitted 2018 direct deposit info but not for 2019 because I owed. Will they use my 2018 direct deposit info?

Are there any updates on this??

Love filing my taxes through you. Still curious if stimulus check will be direct deposited into my turbo debt card I received this year. It would help immensely. I will thoroughly check the links you have posted for any updates. In regards to this. And any responses this post will get. Thank you. 🙂

Ok so now that we know Will I be able to get it through turbo card or not ? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies