turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

How about now? I keep going to the page and their is no information in regard to this. Only tax filing info. As you can tell a lot of people are stressed and in dire need of this money to be accessible. Can you please answer if those who used the Turbo Card will have it deposited there? Please give us an answer or instructions. 

Thank you 

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

I don’t have my turbo tax prepaid card anymore I had lost it... are you sure I will get a paper check for stimulus relief??? 

So prepaid TurboTax card ??? No I’ll get a check!! Correct?

You are corrected, I looked at the direct deposit information on my tax return and it matches the same account information my at my turbo tax direct deposit information. So I’m sure it will be loaded to the card. Stpg is just is a processing company to take out the fees for turbo tax but there shouldn’t be any problems from what I’m aware of 

Just cancel the account online.   You probably have the info for that.  Anything that hits a rejected account defaults to a hard check according to the IRS website.

While I appreciate the anxiety on whether the refund gets loaded onto the pre-paid card or not, can I suggest assume 'the worst case' for the time being.   

The issue isn't whether you get the rebate, it's HOW you get the rebate.

So assume it'll be by0 check, and if it turns out it's direct deposit, you'll be delighted.....

from the various new reports I've seen, direct deposit is targeted for mid-April with checks 2-3 weeks behind that.  Obviously, they can process a lot more direct deposits per day than checks. 

I had the same exact question because stimulus checks have been approved so how do we switch to direct deposit

Stimulus checks have been approved for direct deposit so how do we switch from the intuit card to direct deposit

The stimulus package was approved and they still are not answering our questions here I don't understand why

The package was approved in stimulus check deposits will be going out April 1st so how do we get our stimulus checks if we filed through you and it's going on your intuit card why is there no information yet this is getting frustrating can we switch to direct deposit

@ministercoco  wrote:

The package was approved in stimulus check deposits will be going out April 1st so how do we get our stimulus checks if we filed through you and it's going on your intuit card why is there no information yet this is getting frustrating can we switch to direct deposit

According to the bank used for refund processing, they are in discussions with the IRS about this issue.

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

The IRS has a page as well.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

If you check those links, you will know as soon as anyone else. 

Secretary Mnuchin said for those who don't have direct deposit set up but want to receive the payment electronically, the federal government will create an online system that will let you set up electronic payments so you get the money deposited directly into a bank account.

Hey TurboTax sent me 2 TurboTax card the one I was told to keep still hasn't got anything on it

NOTE the words "WORKING ON "  ... when the system gets in place THEN rejoice ... we have no time frame on it and don't know what kind of bugs it could have at the beginning ...  so beware.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies