turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

It’s approved now do how do we do this cause I used that dumb debit card as well.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@MXA1521 

Were you able to change it with the phone call? I looked it up and saw there was a form that needed to be filed. 

Until information is available all anyone can do is guess based on what was done the last time there was a stimulus check issued ... patience will be needed.  Check these sites for updated info when available :

You don't have to do anything to receive the stimulus money (except to file a 2019 return, or if you did not file a 2019 return, the IRS will use information from a 2018 return).  If you do not file but have SS or VA benefits you do not have to do anything to get the check ... just be patient.

Remember in the best of times the IRS is short handed and now they are tasked with yet another time sensitive thing to handle  with even less personnel ... we have to be patient as we all deal with the current situation. 

Since the CARES Act  has just been signed into law, there are some questions that can't be answered definitively at this time. Please check for updates here TurboTax Corona Virus Update Center and here IRS Corona Virus Update Center.

This is on the Santa Barbara TPG’s website for those people who had their fees taken out of their returns.  

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Will my stimulus check deposit on to my turbo tax card 

That is still an unknown if you had the TT fees withheld from the federal refund  ... watch for information here :

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Well I receive my stimulus check !! If I'm on social security, and haven't filed taxes ?? 

YES ... those who get SS or VA benefits and do not file because they are not required to file will get checks ... there is nothing you need to do ... they will be sent out automatically like they did back in 2008.

From AARP: https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/advocacy/info-2020/coronavirus-stimulus-checks.html?mod=articl...

I actually read today that if you did your taxes and they were sent to a tax card pr prepaid card of some sort that they will mail a paper check to your address on tax return so if thats the case that means the only people that need to worry are people who have moved since they filed or if they havent filed and they don't live at the 2018 tax return address.

So it can be "direct deposited" on my turbo card right? 

Doubt it. I was wondering the same and turns out people who used places like turbotax will get delayed paper checks if you had them take their fee out of your taxes. Apparently it involved a third party and now the irs has no way to issue the funds directly. That's what I just read anyway. So now I'm wondering if we will even be able to deposit them on the turbo card. Seems the whole card thing was a bad idea at this point. Think I'll just open up a bank account again. 

So do we know what's going on with the turbo card? Can we get the stimulus check on it? 

I was able to call the IRS and change my address. The steps are as here:

1. Before you call, make sure you have all of the information that you need.
     - Social Security cards and birth dates for those who were on the return you are calling about.
     - An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) letter if you don’t have a Social Security number (SSN)
     - Filing status – Single, Head of Household, Married Filing Joint or Married Filing Separate
     - Your prior-year tax return. We may need to verify your identity before answering certain questions
     - A copy of the tax return you’re calling about
     - Any letters or notices we sent you
  2. The number is 1-800-829-1040 and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The best time to call is early in the morning.
  3. The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
  4. Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
  5. Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
  6. Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
  7. Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
  8. When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
  9. After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
  10. Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
  11. Finally, press 4 for all other inquiries. The system should then transfer you to an agent.
  12. After getting to an agent all you want to tell them is that I did a change of address at my local postal service office and want to make sure IRS has it changed as well. The agent might tell you there's no need to change it since it will automatically change from the postal office so just say I'd like it if you can make sure the address is correct on your side and I not can you please change it for me.

hey will the stimulus payment go to my turbo card 

FIRST there is no information on how this will be handled ... especially if you had the TT fees withheld from the federal return ... watch these sites for info in the coming days : 

Here is a Turbotax page where info will be posted as it becomes available …  COVID-19 TAX UPDATES

The IRS has a dedicated COVID-19 page that you can find by CLICKING HERE

Here is the SBTPG site … https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

These pages will continue to be updated with additional guidance as it is released.

My address <removed>

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies