turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Thank you. That also answered my question. Will updates show once stimulus package goes through?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

As of right now, the stimulus package has passed the Senate but has not yet passed the House of Representatives.  They are scheduled to vote on the bill today.

Please refer to the following IRS web page for updates regarding the stimulus package and how the funds will be disbursed:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It looks like it has passed both the Senate and House now and Trump is set to sign the bill through soon. Hopefully those of us that used the TurboCard for our direct deposit will get some answers soon.

Well they have passed it now so we need to know if we had our 2019 taxes deposited on a turbo card is the stimulus check going on the card too or do we need to call and change it somewhere? Also will turbo card charge us fees if it goes on there because we didnt have another choice.

Will it not go on the turbo tax Visa card ??? Help!!??

Because I am not getting a refund, Turbotax will not allow me to amend my federal return to add direct deposit info to facilitate Covid stimulus payments. Will the federal government use direct deposit info that was included on my 2016 return in order to make the stimulus payment?

no - it will only use 2019 or 2018 bank information; everyone else will get a check

President Trump has signed it. 

If our money was deposited  on a turbo tax visa card is that where the stimulus will go?

So, can a 2019 return be amended to add the direct deposit info?

Will the stimulus payment go on our turbo card? It has been signed already by the president!! That’s my only question or do I need to switch my direct deposit 

Since the stimulus checks have been approved. I'm wondering if our Intuit Turbo debt cards can be used (the one I used  used to recive my state and federal tax from turbo tax) for the direct deposit of this stimulus check? 

OK TO ALL OF YOU  ASKING THE SAME QUESTION .... THERE WILL BE  NO TRUE  ANSWER TO IT UNTIL THE IRS PUTS OUT A FAQ  ON IT WHICH CAN TAKE A FEW DAYS. 

THIS IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE COMPLETED OVERNIGHT DUE TO THE STAFFING ISSUES THE IRS HAS RIGHT NOW   AND ALL THE "TALKING HEADS" ARE SIMPLY MAKING GUESSES  BASED ON PRIOR YEAR STIMULUS CHECKS BEING DISBURSED. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

DO NOT EXPECT THE CHECKS TO BE SENT FOR A MONTH OR MORE AT THIS TIME ... PATIENCE WILL BE NEEDED.

To those who want to change your DD info it cannot be done so if your DD is no longer valid then make sure your address on the 2019 return (2018 if you have not filed the 2019 return yet) is correct ... if it is not then mail in a form 8822 to update your address.  https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-8822

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS STIMULUS CHECK/Money can be deposited on your ur visa debit card if that is how you received your last tax return?

I'm not sure why ur sayn that the stimulus relief package hasn't been passed. It most certainly has! They went back & forth for DAYS on what to do, but it finally went through & President Trump signed the bill today. He wanted it to go thru so he signed it with a quickness! If you aren't sure how the powers that be are going to handle this (whether thr goin to allow checks to go on the debit card our Income tax went on) then just say you don't have the info yet, but don't say that the bill hasn't been passed & confuse people that might not know any better because it most certainly has & the president has already signed it so it's a for sure thing now. Hopefully they will provide you with that information soon & then you can let us know something.  Thank you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies