turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

One thing I have seen is that people who filed with Taxslayer going thru  SBTPG all show on their 1040's the routing and account number for SBTPG. Their cards are thru Netspend, so maybe this is what SBTPG is referring to. Just a thought

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@SoSleepy30   what IS the issue?

@Jcav5207 who said there was a issue?? So explain this to me if someone file their taxes and decided to get a TT card but have no fees is their card still issue through SBPTG?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NCperson see my sister did her taxes through turbo, had the fee deducted from her return and then it was deposited to her bank account. so theoretically her stimulus check should also be sent via check, correct?

also for others, according to rep Cunningham, the IRS direct deposit updating tool should be out within the week ☺️ Here is that link:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.counton2.com/news/national-news/rep-cunningham-irs-to-launch-online...

@Anonymous wrote:

@NCperson see my sister did her taxes through turbo, had the fee deducted from her return and then it was deposited to her bank account. so theoretically her stimulus check should also be sent via check, correct?

also for others, according to rep Cunningham, the IRS direct deposit updating tool should be out within the week ☺️ Here is that link:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.counton2.com/news/national-news/rep-cunningham-irs-to-launch-online-portal-to-provide-direct-deposit-information-for-stimulus-checks/amp/

See this IRS website for a non-filer portal and when stimulus payments will be begin - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-irs-launch-new-tool-to-help-non-filers-register-for-economic-impact-payments

When someone gets thier stimulus or knows someone that does (and not a friend of mine cousins uncles got theirs) than let us all know then we should have some answers.

Not according to the link on SBTPG those that had direct deposit should have direct deposit. On thier site it says it affects the ones that got a paper check or card. But who really knows until someone gets thier stimulus.

@SoSleepy30 

First of all no cards are issued through SBTPG, they are not a bank.  The turbo tax card is issued through Green dot Bank.  And as for information from 2008, I think people are confusing the RAL people use to get from places H&R Block and Jackson Hewitt, which were issued in the form of a check thru Santa Barbara Bank and Trust, with the processing company SBTPG, which takes fees out, but still deposits money in your bank account.  In the past they wouldn’t have your banking info bc you would have received a check through the Santa Barbra Bank. 

@Anonymous - correct - that is my hypothesis of how I think this will play out. For all those who really need this money quickly, I hope I am incorrect.

The IRS portal to update banking information is supposed to be operational next week.  So if the direct deposits are sent by mid-week, we'll all understand the path forward shortly.  

Good luck! 

new info as of today. the IRS has sent a transmission to see if the direct deposits will reach the actual bank account, the money will then be sent on Monday to arrive in banks on Weds. next month paper checks go out. The IRS will launch its portal called "get my payment" later this month. The website should be announced today or maybe it was just named today 

@kraal wrote:

new info as of today. the IRS has sent a transmission to see if the direct deposits will reach the actual bank account, the money will then be sent on Monday to arrive in banks on Weds. next month paper checks go out. The IRS will launch its portal called "get my payment" later this month. The website should be announced today or maybe it was just named today 

See this IRS website for a non-filer portal and when stimulus payments will be begin - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-irs-launch-new-tool-to-help-non-filers-register-for-economic-i...

IRS website for non-filer stimulus payments - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

@memacd62173. yes i know about the TT card not being issue through SBPTG but it seems like people still think they are but thank you for explaining the differences.

First, I am not trying to be causing any kind of dissension. One, I talked to TurboTax and I was told it would be deposited into our turbo card. Of course he would not swear to it but he said they were told it would be. Secondly, today on Facebook one of those ads popped up with green dot. The first question asked was would our stimulus go on to our Green Dot card and the answer was yes. None of us honestly know one way or the other. But I'm going to be a positive Pollyanna and say I'm going to expect it on my card sometime next week. If I'm wrong I've not caused myself any stress whatsoever

erickal

has there been an update on this i checked my dd on1040 and it has the info to my card so im taking  it i should be good

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies