Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Obviously, the touting and account number is not the number on your debit card.  The bank routing  and account numbers listed in the tax return are “real”.  They are not just for our benefit, it isn’t banking info attached to your debit card.  The debit card is not just given random banking info for one time use.  The banking info can be given to receive paycheck dd by your employer.  I ev  Ed n you this information to pay online by check for my electric, cable, etc....

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

If that's true then people's paychecks would have to go though that same bank to get deposited onto the card if they had fees😑 taken. 

I did not have fees taken out and my card is linked to greendotbank I still use and have money put onto that card every other week from work. So the payment will have to be deposited onto that card.

I do receive my refund from state in the same debit card; which the banking info is the same for in the return; however only the federal refund is processed thru SBTOG, not my state.

Me, too! I don’t think some people understand how the prepaid debit cards work.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please clarify your comment, question or issue. What exactly is the problem? Please provide as many details as possible. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
guy911

what should i do? i have one of you intuit card . I had

this year taxes done and had the money put on the intuit card and the acct. is still open can i have my stimulus money put on this card ?

Who are you talking to? We are discussing the stimulus payment.

Nobody really knows.  First of all the debit card you received is issued thru Greendot Bank.  So routing and acct numbers are attached to the card;  however some people think the the numbers listed on your tax return regarding dd info are not inputted by turbo tax until after your  return is filed or they don’t understand that the debit card is issued through an actual bank that you have routing number and account number for.  They are saying that if your refund has fees taken out, then the IRS is only given temporary dd info and it’s not what Turbo Tax has entered on your return.  There is a lot of confusion here.  

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@bpeck1 , It does appear that there will be a way to update direct deposit information per this website: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail. 

@BrandiLO 

everyone already knows that info; that’s not the question we are discussing here exactly.  There is a rumor going around that the info for direct deposit entered on our tax returns is not the dd info you transmit to the IRS if we are having funds taken out. People are saying the dd info that we see if we download our returns is entered by Turbo Tax after they file our returns. So a lot of people are obviously confused and we are trying to sort it out.

@memacd62173 

Some states issue their own debit cards ... they will not be the same as the ones issued by the processing bank. 

ALL FOLKS CAN DO IS WAIT UNTIL THE IRS AND THE THIRD PARTY BANK ISSUE A STATEMENT  ...

As of now the third party bank has not released any definitive information: 

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The current IRS plans are to issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check may be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office.

We are actively working with the IRS to determine how the Economic Impact Payments will be issued. We will update this page when more information is available. According to this message on the IRS website published March  30 the IRS will notify taxpayers when more details are available.

Keep checking here :   https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

IF FOLKS WILL NEED TO USE THE IRS PORTAL TO UPDATE THE DD INFO IS STILL UNKNOWN  AND  THE IRS ESTIMATES THE PORTAL TO NOT BE UP UNTIL THE END OF APRIL OR EVEN EARLY MAY ... PATIENCE WILL BE NEEDED BY ALL. 

I know that my state is placed on the same debit card as my federal.  The federal goes thru SBTPG, but not the state.  This is the turbo tax card issued thru green dot bank and the account and routing numbers are the same for the federal and state returns.  I understand that you are under the impression that the federal return has that info added after filing by turbo tax; however, I have a copy of a returned I filed in the past( before I filed) and it already has the green dot banking info entered in.  

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@memacd62173 

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the economic impact payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. Until then, we cannot say for sure.

We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Will stimulus payments be deposited onto green dot cards? If that is how we are receiving our tax refund?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies