turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Bearonmag

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

unable to print copies. Can you fax a copy to me?

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

@Bearonmag 

No.  TurboTax does not email, fax, or mail your tax return to you.  It is up to you to print it out for yourself.  No one else has access to your account or your tax return.  If you do not have a working printer, or have some other issue with printing at home then save it as a pdf on a flash drive and visit a place with a printer, like Staples, etc. Or ask to use someone else's printer. If you used online TurboTax, you can access your return from any computer that has internet service.

PRINT RETURN   You need to print a copy of your return?  Sign in to your account using exactly the same account and user ID that you used to prepare your return.
On the bottom of the screen find Your tax returns & documents and click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

I need copies of my 2017 return. The issue is when I filed 2017, I was using the free version. Then in 2018 I got married and filed joint with my husband using a different program. So I logged in to turbo tax to print my 2017 return, but I need to upgrade to plus in order to print my return. However, you only pay once you file and since I didn’t file 2018 with turbo tax, it’s not letting me upgrade to plus. I can’t seem to find a way to print them free of charge or even upgrade simply to print my previous years.

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

Kieshablaser wrote:
I need copies of my 2017 return. The issue is when I filed 2017, I was using the free version. Then in 2018 I got married and filed joint with my husband using a different program. So I logged in to turbo tax to print my 2017 return, but I need to upgrade to plus in order to print my return. However, you only pay once you file and since I didn’t file 2018 with turbo tax, it’s not letting me upgrade to plus. I can’t seem to find a way to print them free of charge or even upgrade simply to print my previous years.

Kieshablaser:
You don't have to actually file a 2018 return to unlock a prior return, you only have to minimally start the 2018 return long enough to upgrade to PLUS, and then pay the 19.99 by credit/debit card.  You don't have to finish and file the return.  I will provide the full steps below.

• If you haven't already started one, then start a 2018 Free Edition return in the SAME account as the locked 2017 return. 
  • After some preliminary screens, you'll arrive at the MY INFO section.
  • See if there is an Upgrade link in the left menu column.   If not, you'll need to enter some info into the MY INFO screens until you see an Upgrade link either appear in the left menu column or at the end of the MY INFO section.
  • Then click on Upgrade and choose PLUS.   Do NOT upgrade any beyond PLUS, or you'll have problems.
  • Once you are in PLUS, then you need to pay.
  • In the left menu column click on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • At the Print Center choose to "Print, save, view THIS  YEAR's return."   (Yes, you say "this year's" because you are paying for the 2018 return in order to unlock the 2017 return.)   You don't actually have to print it.
  • It will ask you to pay.  If the Order Summary appears OK, then choose PAY NOW.
  • You can pay by credit card or debit card (even though it only says "credit.")

NOTE:  If it should offer you the choice of paying later out of the Federal refund, that cannot be done for this purpose.  You have to choose PAY NOW.

There's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.    You may be able to immediately download a prior return transcript at this IRS website at the link below.  If you don't qualify to open a free IRS account there, you can order one to come by postal mail, which normally takes 5-10 calendar days.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

@Kieshablaser  

I provided you the steps above on how to pay to unlock the 2017 return.   You do not have to file the 2018 return, only start one long enough to pay (see steps above.)

After sending that, I added more info to my comment above to include info on getting a free tax return transcript it that will suit your purpose.    You may be able to immediately download a prior return transcript at this IRS website at the link below.  If you don't qualify to open a free IRS account there, you can order one to come by postal mail, which normally takes 5-10 calendar days.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

Is possible to have the 2017 & 2018 returns emailed to my documented email?

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

@Washinvr  wrote:
Is possible to have the 2017 & 2018 returns emailed to my documented email?

No, TurboTax will not do that.  And it is not safe to email such sensitive documents in regular email.   The returns have such info as SSN, DOB, and in some cases, even bank account info.   Why are you unable to print them?

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

I would like a copy of my 2018 tax return please.

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

@angie051576 wrote:
I would like a copy of my 2018 tax return please.

The instructions for printing your 2018 return after filing have been mentioned several times in this thread.   Are you having some kind of problem printing it??

Did you prepare the 2018 return online?  If so, log in and at the Tax Home go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."    Expand that section, if necessary, and choose tax year 2018.   Then there should be a link "Download/print the PDF."

If it was prepared online, but you don't find evidence of an online 2018 return at all in that account, and it's acting like it wants you to start one, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.

If you used desktop software (CD/download) to prepare the 2018 return, then it will not be in an online account.

kabuki1214
Returning Member

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

I need a copy of my taxes for the 2018

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

@kabuki1214 You posted your question to a thread that has the answer to your question.  Go back and read again from the beginning of the thread.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ElliottT
Returning Member

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

one copy

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

@ElliottT Please return to your post and read the thread that you posted to.  You will find several times that the thread tells you how to obtain a copy of your return.

ElliottT
Returning Member

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

need to print copy of 2018 return

COPIES OF 2018 RETURNS

@ElliottT 

It seems you are unable or unwilling to read the answer that has been posted several times already in this thread.  Here is how to print your return:

PRINT RETURN   You need to print a copy of your return?  Sign in to your account using exactly the same account and user ID that you used to prepare your return.
On the bottom of the screen find Your tax returns & documents and click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies