turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

HI ALL,

so i got my irs refund accepted on the 22nd, i thought they were not accepting returns until the 28th??? what exactly does this mean.

i am claiming the child tax credit, which i know can cause a delay in the return

but it already says accepted, does this mean i will get my refund earlier then others

?

any insight is appreciated 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

Some small test batches were pulled early.  If you are subject to the PATH act you will not get an early refund, despite an early acceptance date.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/some-federal-refunds-will-be-delayed-due-to-the...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

so weird and so confusing!

are they expecting the same return date for the child tax credit as last year?

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

Please read the link you were given about the PATH act

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

I guess it all depends cause im claiming ctc and my return was accepted and approved and will be deposited in my account by 1/29/20. I guess im in the early batch which is great. Good luck

Ggw4mike

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

Bosrox81 when did you file and when were you accepted? I was accepted on the 22nd and still don't see a DD date anywhere.

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

Accepted 1/14/20 and approved 1/25/20 and deposit date 1/29/20

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

@Bosrox81 wrote:

Accepted 1/14/20 and approved 1/25/20 and deposit date 1/29/20

Is that what is indicated on the IRS federal tax refund status website - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

No 2 bars are full and it say your refund has been approved and will be deposited into your account by the 29th it's not credited to your bank by February 3rd please check with your bank that's what it says

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

@Bosrox81 wrote:

No 2 bars are full and it say your refund has been approved and will be deposited into your account by the 29th it's not credited to your bank by February 3rd please check with your bank that's what it says

Then the federal tax refund is on its way to be deposited into your account.

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

Yeah I got lucky this year I made more than 41,000 so I didn't get to claim the earned income credit but I did claim the child tax credit and I still got accepted in the early group I guess I was lucky

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

The delay is only if you do the additional child tax credit. I claim one child but don’t qualify for the other or Earned Income Credit. I filed a few weeks ago it was accepted within two days and as of yesterday the IRS website says refund will be deposited 1/29/20....I to am confused as everywhere says they won’t start processing until the 27th🤷🏼‍♀️ I am very happy about this but confused 

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

The IRS does a test batch for people without earned income credit or additional child tax credit. I also had the child tax credit but no earned income credit so mine was approved also and I'm getting it on the 29th. If you're lucky enough to get in the test batch you get it early if not you're waiting another week or two

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

The IRS has not started processing returns as of yet. The IRS will begin processing returns on January 27th. What you are seeing is an estimated acceptance date, which can and do change.

There is no way for TurboTax to know what day your return will get accepted once the IRS begins processing returns. Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more about refunds being accepted. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

CONFUSED-PLEASE HELP

Sorry to inform you but I'm not looking at any accepting date,  two bars are filled on the where's my refund page and it says refund approved will be credited to your account by the 29th if not credited to your account by February 3rd please contact your bank that is what it says... you are right they are not doing them until the 27th but they did do a test batch to get system going which they do every year and if you're lucky enough to be in it good for you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies