Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Code 971 and 570

Code 570 means the IRS is reviewing your return. All returns containing certain credits take longer to process.

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting in late Feb. (that was the target date before the pandemic hit reducing IRS staffing) , if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with the tax return.  such a delay was required by the PATH Act to prevent the IRS from paying out phony claims for these credits.  

971 is an IRS catchall. thus it could mean many things.

if the IRS got your forms, which they evidently did, TT is out of the picture.  The IRS should send you a letter regarding the missing info from the iS form.  This is a manual process with the IRS short of staff to handle sending out such letters.  So you'll probably get the letter unless the IRS messed up,(they sometimes lose documents). with maybe a million or more paper filings, the stimulus, short of staffing it may be quite a while before you get the letter. if it has been over 4 weeks since you called and spoke to the agent, call again and ask when you can expect the letter. 

Code 971 and 570

I filed my taxes before I got my last stimulus cause my banking info was closed in I eventually got my stimulus but I claimed it on my taxes know I have a code 506 on my return. In wasn’t able too log in check my status any more 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Code 971 and 570

You are not alone.  There Stimulus will be verified prior to issuing the refund.  If when you receive your refund and the amount includes the 2nd Stimulus, then there will be provisions to correct that at that time.  It is still in development and I do not have the information available now.  Your refund will most likely only include the correct refund amount.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Code 971 and 570

any update on this? I was accepted 02/12, WMR bars disappeared, transcripts became available with code 570 and 971 dated 3/15/12.

Code 971 and 570

@Priskymama 

any update on this? I was accepted 02/12, WMR bars disappeared, transcripts became available with code 570 and 971 dated 3/15/12.

Code 971 and 570

following for an update. I filed 2/9, accepted 2/12. bars on WMR disappeared within days.

transcripts are available for 2020 but coodes 971 and 570 dated 3/15/21. hoping I dont have to wait for a letter sent on 3/15. seems unncessary.

no dates on WMR or SBBT. 21 days would be tomorrow, 3/2 for me. 

Code 971 and 570

This is the current (Q: A:) on the “topics” regarding information: Common questions related to “Recovery Rebate Credit” on the irs.gov official website. In short, if the IRS need to make any corrections on your tax return, there will be a “slight” delay on your refund. Hence: Claiming a recovery rebate credit, incorrectly.  Hope this helps!

A3. No, the IRS will not reject your tax return if you made an error in calculating your 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit.

If you made a mistake on the line 30 amount, the IRS will calculate the correct amount of the Recovery Rebate Credit, make the correction to your tax return and continue processing your return. If a correction is needed, there may be a slight delay in processing your return and the IRS will send you a notice explaining any change made.

To check the status of your refund from your original return, check Where's My Refund?

RD127

Code 971 and 570

I have the same issues. Same thing. They adjusted my refund to show I received my stimulus but I also think they are holding it to make sure and doing a later processing. I have the 3/15 processing date. 

Code 971 and 570

I am having same issue transcripts shows 570 and 971 code with date of 3/22 j am

hoping they resolve issue because my taxes are about the same . I claimed same amount of dependents and everything 

RD127

Code 971 and 570

I had an as of date and processing date  for 3/15. Today I updated on my transcripts for 571 code (issue resolved) and 846 code (DDD-3/10). I had filed the stimulus by accident. They adjusted my refund and then released it I guess. I don’t know if yours was the same issue as far as stimulus but if so I hope you update next week. 

Code 971 and 570

Mine it lolks

like they are verifying my child tax credit which ic weird because I filed the same last year.

Code 971 and 570

I had both 971 and 570 codes on my transcript a letter was sent out for 3/22 and it was because I made a error on my stimulus payment amount so the irs corrected the error my refund amount changed but I dont have a ddd yet im on a weekly cycle. So maybe next Friday I will have a date.

Code 971 and 570

Mine says the same thing 971/570 with a date of 3/22/2021. I am SO frustrated right now, 

Code 971 and 570

I got the same codes last night and it says they added 100 to my return if anyone gets there return with these codes please let us know 

Code 971 and 570

I called yesterday and they told me the same thing that they increased my return because the refund amount was incorrect so that they were sending a notice and would begin processing my return again in two weeks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies