turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can we track our last year's tax refund ?

i received my federal refund but not my state refund
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

@ imcravingfood  asked:  "Can we track our last year's tax refund?  I received my federal refund but not my state refund."

Please clarify what "last year" means.   Are you asking about a 2019 or 2020 state return?   Folks are currently working on 2020 returns, so it's not clear what tax year you are referring to.   I'll provide info for both years below.

And if you efiled the state return, are you sure it was accepted?   If you used Online TurboTax, log in and at the Tax Home scroll down and expand the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."   Then choose the tax year in question.   What does it show there for the state return--which of these terms is used: accepted, rejected, printed, started, ready to mail, or what?

If you are asking about a 2020 state return, and if it was successfully efiled and accepted, or if you printed, signed, and mailed the 2020 state return, here's how to check on it:

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

If you are asking about a 2019 state return, and if it was efiled successfully and accepted, or if you printed, signed, and mailed the 2019 state return, here's how to phone your state tax agency for info:

FAQ:  How do I contact my state department of revenue?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

the easiest thing to try is to call your state department of revenue.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies