Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can someone tell me bout the refund advance? I thought I applied but how would you know?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

38 Replies

Can someone tell me bout the refund advance? I thought I applied but how would you know?

Most customers receive funds for Refund Advance within 15 minutes after IRS E-file acceptance. Estimated IRS acceptance begins around 1/23/23.

Here’s how to apply for the TurboTax Refund Advance:

• Before you file, choose Refund Advance for your refund option.
  • Open a checking account with Credit Karma Money. If approved, your Refund Advance could be deposited into your checking account instantly after the IRS accepts your return1. You may access the funds immediately online through a virtual card after you add it to your mobile wallet and your physical Credit Karma Visa®️ DebitCard5 should arrive in 7-14 days.
  • Once the IRS processes your return, the remainder of your refund (minus the Refund Advance loan amount and any TurboTax fees, if applicable) will be loaded into your Credit Karma Money checking account  – this is typically within 21 days.
kah28

Is there a way to tell if you selected refund advance. I thought I did, but when I use the tracker it says I have not filed even though my taxes have been accepted.

Did you get a response on this ?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this help article on the Refund Advance application process

The tracker may not be correct. The best place to track your refund is with the IRS. 

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My federal tacxes were accepted by the IRS on Tuesday 1/24/23 at 1am. I have not received the advance I applied for as of yet. 

Same I think it's waiting till they approve the returns even though it said after they excepted it. I've got the advance the last 4 years don't understand why I wouldn't have. I with they would send it though with everything that went up I know alot of people could use it right now....

I was thinking the same, as they probably wait until the IRS approves the refund. That is a false advertisement.  By the way, I love your name 😉

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please make sure the primary taxpayer's information on the return matches the information in the Credit Karma account. If it does, please respond back here in the thread. 

@Fearnoman40

@inks420

yes it does.

My information matches on my credit karma and turbotax as well. I hope I get the refund advance soon.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you were approved for the refund advance, you will receive an email with information confirming this. 

Otherwise, you will receive your refund once the IRS sends your refund over after processing the return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you Carissa M. for the update.

So we can be denied even after we have all of the requirements listed that state you will be approved? If your refund is over $500....soon as 15 mins after IRS ACCEPTS your refund

Requirements

Federal refund of $500+; must file with TurboTax; ages 18+; not filing a 1310, 4852, 4684, 4868, 1040SS, 1040PR, 1040X, 8888 or 8862 form

It does not state MIGHT/MAY/COULD BE approved.

I do admit I moved and my Credit Karma did have my old address if that was an issue but I received no approval nor denial letter. Only that I was approved for it as I submitted my return.  

If I need to wait 20 days that is fine but I was asking for clarity because that is not what is being advertised. Thanks.

Kind Regards

Raydad01
Returning Member

Any news

Both accounts contact information match and have not received the Refund advance. Can you please assist?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies