turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can I use cash app direct deposit for my refund on turbo tax ?

Why can’t I use my turbo card for cashapp? It literally says invalid account number ! I’ve been trying for a while 

Yes, you would also half to get the cash app card. It wouldn't let me do it until I did. My taxes will be there on my cash app.

del1909

Can I use cash app for my refund ? All I did was provide the tax agent with my routing number and account number will I be good?

del1909

All I did was give the tax agent my cash app routing number and account number would I be good for direct deposit?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

As long as your direct deposit option has a routing number and a bank account number, you can use it for your refund. Please click the TurboTax Help links, listed below, to learn more. 

Which number on my check is the routing number?

Where do I enter my bank's routing or account number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What if I put the right routing number but the wrong account number while filing my taxes and it's been accepted and processed. What do i do in this situation ? & Does the IRS still send it or do they just mail it to me instead? & If they do how long does it take to be mailed to me? (P.S I used cash app as my bank to receive my tax refund )

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you entered the incorrect account number, the IRS will attempt to deposit, and it will be sent back to the IRS. They will then issue you a paper check in the mail. 

It can take about a week after they issue the refund for the IRS to receive it back, then 1-2 weeks for you to receive the paper check in the mail. 

What if it’s only my first name listed on my cashapp, will that hinder the deposit process?

@Edwardsjut1 wrote:

What if it’s only my first name listed on my cashapp, will that hinder the deposit process?

I would expect that IRS and banking laws would require your full name and SSN to be attached to your account. I doubt the IRS will process a request to deposit to an account with only your first name.  (I could be wrong, of course.)

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

As long as the information is matching correctly with what you have on cash app, as far as the name, bank and routing number, there shouldn't be any issues with it hindering your deposit.

Omg ️I wish I would of seen your comment before I submitted cash app for my direct deposit. 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@Shanteria25 You should be able to use CashApp if you have a debit card with them. You must call them to verify your routing and account number. 

Yes. The IRS sent both my stimulus checks thru direct deposit on my cash app. I gave them the same info for my refund. Only thing is that you can only take out 1k every 7 days. So if you dont trust your money to sit there maybe you should try another option. Good luck

Can i use Another person's Cash app that is not in my name to recieve the tax refund?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@Fredrose0121 If you decide to enter someone else's account information, chances are the bank will reject the IRS's direct-deposit request because the name on the refund (yours) doesn't match the account holder's.

Please click Can I deposit my tax refund into someone else's account? to learn more. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies