Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I get back into add another school ? I accidentally moved forward and I need to edit in another school system I payed taxes into .

I need to add more taxe information for another but I moved forward . I haven't submitted it or finished filling as I need to amend it first.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can I get back into add another school ? I accidentally moved forward and I need to edit in another school system I payed taxes into .

If you have not yet filed the tax return, do not click on anything that says "amend."   Amending is a special process you use to correct mistakes made on a return that was accepted and fully processed by the IRS. It is done on a special form called a 1040X.

If your return has never been sent to the IRS in the first place, you do not "amend."   But you can go back in to the software and make corrections or add information.  You may need to click on "add a state."  That does not really require you to add another state return, but that trick will let you back in to edit your information and add information.

Once you have it all entered, then you can e-file.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Yes you can.  If you haven't filed yet, you can go to any section of the return you need to.   What kind of tax payment did you make?   Was it on a tax form (w-2) or an estimated payment?  

• School taxes, unless they're based on the assessed value of your property - are not deductible property taxes.   See Property Tax Deductions
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies