Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Dpatterson1171
Returning Member

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Understand your reply.  Just stating what others are that there are many more out there not being processed and I can only hope that the 2020 returns are getting priority over the new tax changes effective 3/19/21.

Dpatterson1171
Returning Member

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

As I stated to the other post reply, I know there are many in the pipeline. I just hope they are process returns over the new tax laws and yes I use Intuit Basic Pro Series. 

Kelbie75

My taxes still say being processed an its been over 5 months going on almost 6 months. Now it says if over 6 months you can take them to court best believe this is ridlicous

I filed electronically 3 1/2 months ago, and I still receive the "being processed" response on IRS website. I am led to believe the delay is due to receiving unemployment benefits in 2020, and that a March change in how it is taxed is the root cause of the delay. It would be nice if others as myself could get a more definitive answer to when the returns will be direct deposited.....after all, 3 1/2 months delay in an electronic process. I really would like to receive my money back .

@exechefjeff There are millions of people who wish they could know when they will get their refunds.   But the IRS is backlogged and is processing millions of tax returns, millions of stimulus checks, and millions of returns that have to be recalculated for the tax laws that Congress changed in the middle of the tax season.    Sorry---but it will take patience.

From this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of May 15, 2021, we had 300,000 individual tax returns received prior to 2021 in the processing pipeline. Including current year returns, as of May 15, 2021, we had 16.4 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks for that info.  I didnt see it on the IRS site.  I filed on April 4th and never had a delay like this before. It seems like there is something --*maybe* --- wrong with the IRS's process or computers. Or maybe its only happening with certain forms and situations. There is no way to tell. 

KimU

Mine was accepted April 7 and I STILL get the your return is still being processed message. I’m thinking I should just give up! I haven’t been asked for any additional information or received any notice. Just appears to be stuck. I waited on hold about three weeks ago and finally talked to someone who said it should be released by June 16. Guess what? Yes; still get the same message!!!

Appresli

I'm on day 115, still no updates. I've called the IRS 30 or more times and got a hold of a live person twice. The first told me to call back after May 18th and that she saw nothing wrong with my tax return. The second just told me you're just going to have to wait until the website says it's finished processing don't call back. 😒. It's been over a month since I last talked to a live person. I've tried maybe 8 times without success in reaching someone since then. I just really wish they would hurry up. I'm struggling and holding out the hope that I'll get it by the beginning of July.  

That's my situation also. I had to mail that form in. You have to call and get the form. I had to call Covered California to get mine. 

brittlebeda33
Returning Member

What form. I called a month ago they told me in February it was turned into a paper check and was sitting there they have no clue why it hasn't been sent out 

@brittlebeda33 This thread is so full of old posts and comments from multiple people that it is pretty much impossible to tell at this point who is replying or responding to whom.    If you have a question, it would be better for you to start your own new thread so we can understand your issue and try to help.  Click the blue bubble that says Ask a Question to start your own thread:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/02/202

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
annes814

Did you receive your refund?

annes814

Did you receive your refund?

annes814

Seriously?  Filed in Feb and received on 6/9?

at that rate that means I'll get my refund in August

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies