turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Colacola06
Returning Member

Been 5 weeks since I sent in my amended return and the IRS shows it still hasn't received it?

Ya i have still had no luck just says operators are not answering these questions at this time and hangs up. 

Been 5 weeks since I sent in my amended return and the IRS shows it still hasn't received it?

@Colacola06 

" mine was adjusted 08/20/21"

Since many posters here have mentioned 8/20, evidently the IRS approved and/or posted a bunch of amended returns on 8/20.

Mine also.

We're still waiting for the refund check that is supposed to come out of that.

Aelise

Mine was also adjusted on 8/20. Did your specificly say "refund and notice"? Or just notice? Thanks!

Mz Miree
Returning Member

Thanks for the info, how will I know if they need more information to process it? Will they send a letter or just let it sit there and you have to figure it out once it doesn’t come? 

Colacola06
Returning Member

Mine shows on the amended return site that my amended return was completed 9/10/2021 and i should of recieved a refund or notice. I have yet to get either. On my tax transcript it shows back in july when my amended return was accepted and sent for processing but now it also shows 9/14/2021 amended return filed and processed same exact thing from back in july. So i have no idea what is going on. One site shows it should be completed but on my transceipt it shows same thing when they accepted it prior. And now it is also messing with my child tax credit so now i am not getting that either and back in august i didnt get it either due to them processing my amended return then in september i did get tbe child tax credit but now this month shows i am pending again and i presume its due to my amended taxes again. So there is no way my amended return can be completed if it is showing pending on child tax credit also on my transcript shows the same thing as back in july when the recieved it and sent it in for processing. I have been trying to get a live person on the phone with no luck to find out what is going on. 

I submitted my amended return on 4/1/21 and hadn't heard anything back. I called a fee times because the website said to but I couldn't get any information. One agent told me to stop calling as it was wasting mine and their time. The final agent I spoke to said he would process it himself (never happened) and that was 10/7/21. I finally reached out to my Congressman for assistance. They started my return within a week of my letter to the Congressman. I understand backlog but its not like it was an extra month. Its many months past the posted time line. Maybe change that so people won't expect it in 16 weeks. I have been unemployed looking for a job and that money would have been helpful to bridge the gap.  Next year, I'll definitely double check to make sure I have all my documents so I don't have to do this again.

The US Treasury ran out of money in September.

Obviously, the Sec. of the Treasury would direct the IRS to stop issuing refund checks until the Congress can authorize more spending.

Congress added a few hundred billion last week. That will last about seven weeks.

Colacola06
Returning Member

I was finally able to reach somebody by phone. They explained to me that my taxes have not been processed yet only sent for processing. Even though the " wheres my amended taxes" site states it was completed 9/10/21. They said they dont know why it says that but its not. I asked them why on my transcript it shows it was sent for processing in july and now again as of 9/14/21 they dont know why just stated they can see on tbeir end that it has not been conpleted. So idk what is going on with the system but even if it shows completed on the site it more than likely isn't completed. 

If you look on the website it will tell you or you can call [phone number removed] ext 623 and the automated system will tell you there and if you have to speak to someone you can it will tell you that. FYI: if you do need to talk to someone either call at 7 in the morning on the nose or after 5 in the evening. It's almost impossible to get anyone during the day! Good Luck!

Next year I will do the same!

Hey come to find out I never needed a amendment return a irs employee told me all I needed was for my manger or someone to write out a letter saying I made the amount I made for 2020 because whoever I filed with put the incorrect amount  so I mailed the letter off friday do you know how long it takes for the irs to receive a letter 

@Santana3You have posted to a long thread in which multiple users have posted regarding amended returns.   We cannot see your tax return or your account.   But if you entered incorrect information on your tax return, a "letter"  from your manager is not going to fix it.   Please explain in more detail what happened---but do not include your personal information.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

someone from the irs told me to get a letter written from my employer so I’m just going by what’s been told to me 

@Santana3 You have provided no details so we do not know why you are sending a letter to the IRS, or who at the IRS told you to do so.   Did you receive a letter FROM the IRS that asked for information from your employer?   In general, if you are trying to fix a mistake that  was made on the tax return you filed, you need to wait for the return to be fully processed by the IRS and then file an amended return on a special form for that called a 1040X.    Unless you are leaving out some important details of what you did when you filed and why you talked to the IRS it sounds like you either got bad advice or misunderstood what was said to you.   Good luck.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

My sister received her amended return about 2 weeks ago and they sent it direct deposit. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies