Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

At first 1040x was available on February 28 now it says March 25. Why the change?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

At first 1040x was available on February 28 now it says March 25. Why the change?

That date was subject to change---and it changed.  The form is not ready for the software yet.  You have to wait.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Once the form 1040x is ready and I amend my 2020 return electronically, will I be charged to do this by Intuit? If so, will I be charged for both state and federal amended returns?

No you are not charged for amending your tax return unless whatever you are changing requires an upgrade to a higher version of the software.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

THANK YOU!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies