Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anila1209

Its been over 21 days and no status updates on where's my refund. Status bars have disappeared. States your refund is still processing, refund date given when available

• status
DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Its been over 21 days and no status updates on where's my refund. Status bars have disappeared. States your refund is still processing, refund date given when available

While most refunds are issued within 21 days of the return being accepted, not the date it was filed, sometimes there can be delays. 

Please see the following information about contacting the IRS if it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302084

This is what your return has to go through before everything is finished.

Pending: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4193097

Accepted (this is the last update that TurboTax will get from the IRS): https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3958820

Processing (the IRS does not inform TurboTax of this stage): https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4689484

Approved (TurboTax is not informed of this stage either):  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved/00/265...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No! I filed 4/29 and today is 5/22. From what I see in the chat here I'm just letting it go. There is no hope right now. I guess we have to accept you will get your return sooner or later...never know.

It is impossible to talk to an IRS agent by calling..Robot says they are CLOSED...

I e-filed my return on July 14th' 2020  using Turbo Tax. Today's date is  8/5/2020
Refund status:

NO STATUS BAR

Tax return still being Processed. A refund Date will be provided when available.

Tax Topic 152.

It has been more than 21 days now, shall I call the IRS?

tiffanyandozz012
Returning Member

You know I've noticed a lot of people that are getting the same message as us also paid for the same package through TurboTax the deluxe I've looked on multiple sites and every single person that has the same message as what you stated and what I got have the deluxe

Package.  I'm hoping mine come soon otherwise I won't have a car cuz they're going to take it... Not to mention I was counting on it for food meals are a luxury in my house...

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The package you used will not determine the speed in which the IRS processes the refund. Each return is different so each takes a different amount of time to process. 

The only true way to know when your refund will be issued is by visiting the Where's My Refund website

cshierk

I don't understand why I don't have my refund yet. It was accepted back on 2/14. Just keeps saying return is being processed and will have refund date when complete Been this status for over a week now.

I am always getting the refund back in 21 days or less. This is the first time it is taking longer.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@cshierk The IRS issues refunds, not TurboTax. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund as of yet. There's no way to know when the IRS will update your status. If after 21 days of being accepted, you have not received an update via the Where's My Refund tool, you can follow the instructions in the following FAQ to contact the IRS for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

Sbrn2021

This is happening to me this year! What happened to you last year and what was the issue? Did you receive return? 

The IRS is behind on processing due to so much time lose from COVID-19.  You can track the progress of your refund at Where's My Refund.  The site is down this weekend for maintenance and due to be working again on Monday.

@Sbrn2021

Did you ever receive it? Mine is like this. Says still being processed. No bars. It’s been 31 days 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Your refund is handled by the IRS or your state office therefore TurboTax won't be able to assist with the refund processing and release of your refund but we can help guide you to get in touch with the IRS. It sounds like you may need to call them. Please see these TurboTax FAQ's on why some tax return refunds may take a while to be released and what steps you can take:

If you are concerned and it's been over 21 days since your tax return was accepted by the IRS and you  do decide to call them here are some tips when contacting the IRS at 1-800-829-1040:

• First choose your language. 
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Also this TurboTax FAQ lets you know what to have ready before you contact the IRS: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/irs/help/what-do-i-need-if-i-call-the-irs/00/27378

@Kalliecfornia

Sbrn2021

No. Every time I call as well to try to talk to someone I can’t get through because of call volume being high. It’s like this no matter what time of day I call, no matter what day I call. I’ve been trying to call for two weeks almost and I cannot get in touch with anyone for nothing in the status hasn’t changed online it says that the status bar may be gone because of The type of device you’re using or Search engine however I’ve tried a couple different devices and search engines and I still get the same thing! No update no money! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies