Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KaseyV
Returning Member

Anyone else get this error: Something changed in your return You'll need to choose your refund method again.

It was the same story for me for several days. I ended up changing emails on both accounts and it finally worked! My intuit account name was my email and apparently it was case sensitive and wouldn't let me change the casing. I just made a new email and changed my username to match all ensuring everything was exactly the same. I'm not entirely sure what fixed it but it was likely the case sensitivity since intuit had a note in the settings saying it was different. 

Mollyhoy

Anyone else get this error: Something changed in your return You'll need to choose your refund method again.

I tried leaving out my state return, making my email on my new Karma Cash account the same as TurboTax email, tried incognito mode, clearing cookies/cache, talked to several people today, No one seems to understand. Seems like a glitch,

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Our team is working on this and please do sign up for updates from the link inside this Help Article.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Now When I try to run through the prompts to check if it’s working correctly I’m now suddenly not eligible for the refund advance? Even though I was all of the other times 40 times I tried to file.
Anyone one else?

SAme thing here!!! grrrrrrrrr!

@CandyShay I just cleared my entire return and I’m going to start over and see if that helps. If it doesn’t I’m just going to look into a different company because it’s ridiculous. I get having a problem with the system but giving customers the run around over the phone and linking them to a customers instructions who claimed to work around it without even knowing if it actually works is awful customer service on their part.

Let me know if it works! I have tried EVERYTHING!

There’s a problem with the software. I already have my CK account up, and the final approval doesn’t happen until after the  IRS accepts anyways. I spoke with a TurboTax agent (resolution center) and she opened a case and said the programmers will have to fix the software, until then it won’t work. I’ll be getting an email as soon as it’s resolved so I’ll post when! 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We are aware of the current situation with the Refund Advance. You can use this link to sign up for the email updates to notify you once we resolve this issue.

Why am I being asked for my email before I can check out? 

kfjohnson1975
Returning Member

This works!!!  I just did it!  Thanks so much!!

WHAT WORKED?

kfjohnson1975
Returning Member

I was getting the loop after i had an error on my efile that wouldn't allow me to re-file and get the advance refund, but some guy posted a fix and it worked.

Mine went through finally! I changed my TurboTax  username to my actual email,  which is the same email I have on file for TurboTax, then made sure my CKarma account had the same username/ email, signed out and back in and it pushed it through. Either that or just coincidence and the just fixed the system lol… 

Ccross87
Returning Member

What was the fix?

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

STEPS TO CORRECT THE ERROR MESSAGE "SOMETHING CHANGED IN YOUR RETURN"

1. Log into your Credit Karma account (MUST BE ON A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP..NOT THE APP)
  2. Go  to the upper right hand corner after logging in and click on PROFILE & SETTINGS
  3. Scroll down and click on SECURITY SETTINGS 
  4. Scroll down to the email section and confirm the email you have on file with Credit Karma
  5. Then scroll down to the end of the page to LINKED ACCOUNTS
  6. Then click on UNLINK ACCOUNT to unlink your turbotax account from your Credit Karma account
  7. Then log back in to your Turbotax account and click on Intuit Account button(located at the bottom over top of the log out button)
  8. Go down to your email and change it to the email you have listed in your Credit Karma profile
  9. Then sign back out of Turbotax and then back in and go to file your return and it should correct the problem and you should then be able to efile and receive your refund advance.

@Ccross87

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies