Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

icthelt

Amending taxes that i used turbo tax software on my computor .

I filed my sons taxes .  He started working , so he needed to file .  I used turbo tax online for his and they excepted them .  With he taking himself as a deduction .  A while later i filed my taxes electronically, using the program on my  computer .  When the program auto filled it put my son as a dependent .  When I sent the taxes , the IRS did not except them because of him being a dependent .  So I went into the program and it said that, that was the problem . So I took him off as a dependent & resent them electronically .  The IRS excepted them and issued me a refund .  My son is applying for financial aid at collage .  The collage sent for a tax transcript of the taxes.  Well the IRS sent them the transcript of my taxes h

with my son as a dependent .  How do I get them to fix that , because if I go back into the program .  It shows him as not being a dependent .

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Amending taxes that i used turbo tax software on my computor .

That is not possible if you took him off to get Accepted.  Maybe they got the transcript for 2017 or prior when you did claim him?  Must be for a prior year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies