Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

skcdec1228
Returning Member

Amending Returns for 2019

Does anyone know when the option to Amend our tax returns will be available with Turbo Tax for 2019? All it tells me as I check everyday, is to check late February. When is that? The last week of the month? (And YES my return was accepted by both Federal and State. In fact, I have already received my Federal return).

•  
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies
JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

The ability to amend 2019 will be active on 02/26/2020. Here's the link to assist you with amending a 2019 return: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/01/27577#M6...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
skcdec1228
Returning Member

I just logged into my account and when I click 2019, it tells me that option is not available, to check back in late February.

skcdec1228
Returning Member

This is what I see when I look at my account:

Amending is for adding new tax forms or making changes to your tax return. Not sure?

We'll help you get this done! You can amend your return using either Turbo Tax Online (recommended) or Turbo Tax CD/download.

Amending on Turbo Tax Online is not available for 2019 yet. Check back in late February.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

It will be available to print in late February because you have to mail in an amended return.

Please review the following article for more information.

How do I amend my 2019 TurboTax Online return? - Community

This article has a list of forms and their availability.

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individu ...

skcdec1228
Returning Member

Ok thank you! I knew I was going to have to mail it in, but I just wanted to know when the option to fill it out on Turbo Tax would be available.

BSB

I have the desktop version of 2019 TurboTax. When will that software be updated to include an amending returns option?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

It is currently scheduled for February 26, 2020 but that is subject to change. Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for more information on IRS Forms Availability:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

BSB

Never mind.

I found the answer on the "Other Tax Situations" tab, under "Other Tax Forms".

mama48

can you amend on the desktop or cd version of turbotax for 2019?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you used the TurboTax CD/download product, sign back into your return and select “Amend a filed return.” You must file a separate Form 1040X for each tax return you are amending.

Please click How to Correct Federal Tax Returns to learn more. 

I read that you have to mail in an amended return. Then why does the IRS website have a way to pay on an amended return if you owe?

BEWARE!!!  I tried to amend a return I just filed because I got an amended 1099-INT. The first thing TT did after selecting my tax file was say I owned $25 before I amended anything. That number should be $0. I called TT and after 7 hours of talking to various people who really don't understand what is happening or how TT works I was repeatedly disconnected when they got stumped. I talked to 5 or 6 people who appear to be TT technicians (push this button or that button). I pursued the problem further on my own and found that the amended 1040-X return (without amending anything) changed my reported income by $95 and tried to change it to what I originally reported on my filed 1040. It then calculated an erroneous original refund (not what I reported) and tried to correct that by saying I owed another $25. LOOKS LIKE A BUG IN THE PROGRAM! Wish I could talk to someone at TT who understands how it is supposed to work so we can have an intelligent discussion about what is going on and correct it.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried contacting our customer service directly?  Please reach out to us here:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

i had prepared the amendment for my 2019 tax return with Turbo Tax online, and submitted a paper 1040X and sent via mail to IRS in July 2020. I am yet to get an update from IRS or even an acknowledgement. when i enquire on their hotline, i get a standard response that 'there is no update available'. i am wondering if i can use Turbo Tax online and efile the same 1040x for 2019. if not possible, should i sent the paper 1040x by mail again to IRS?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies