Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jessepitts_1986
Returning Member

Amend my tax return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Amend my tax return

What tax year do you need to amend?   If you are asking about a 2020 return that you just e-filed you cannot do anything to it now while it is in pending.  Are you asking about 2020 or some other year?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
jessepitts_1986
Returning Member

Amend my tax return

Yes the 2020 I did it with my email and it didn't seem right so I used my other email to create a different account as ND did it again and it was perfect I finished everything but at the end when I filed it said Abner account used same SSN and now I don't know what to do

Amend my tax return

Sorry if you already submitted the first one you have to wait until the IRS accepts or rejects it which won't be until they open on Feb 12 this year.  So you have to wait.  If they accept it then you have to wait some more until they finish processing it.  Then you can amend it.  If they reject it then you can fix it and resend it.  So do not change anything until you know if the IRS accepts it.  

jessepitts_1986
Returning Member

Amend my tax return

The one that has been filed I owe the other one I was getting back it's unfortunate but I'm thinking I m just gonna pay and be done

Amend my tax return

Yes if the IRS accepts it then pay the tax due.  Then you can amend it and get the difference back.  What is wrong on it?

jessepitts_1986
Returning Member

Amend my tax return

I didn't use my de dependent and didn't file as head of household

Amend my tax return

Sure you can amend it after the IRS finishes processing the first one.  You don't have to settle for the wrong one.  You have 3 years to amend and claim a refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies