Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Wheres' my refund it's been 4 months - no notes, no letters from IRS - "just being processed message" inquiry filed w/IRS - still waiting since Feb 1st.

Turbo tax screwed up this year. Irs gave me the info I posted for those in my situation. I’m sure their software had other issues as well. 

Wheres' my refund it's been 4 months - no notes, no letters from IRS - "just being processed message" inquiry filed w/IRS - still waiting since Feb 1st.

If I am incorrect, so is the irs and I mean more than one individual at the irs. Even a tax guy looked at the return and said TT had flaws this year. Social security even said it. So who are you protecting? TT? I think not. 
sorry, but you are indeed incorrect. Unemployment is most definitely not counted as earned income and therefore when the TT system took the information in their “guided” tour through taxes, it did so incorrectly, therefore it was a flaw in the software. I know the relax laws on it. I’m sorry you are misleading people. 

I got the same thing. I hope you get yours soon 😁

We are not saying that unemployment is "earned" income.   The point is that it is TAXABLE income.   Read the language in the information from both Social Security and the IRS.   It says taxable income.   It does not say earned income.   You are still confusing "earned" income with "taxable"  income -- and they do not mean the same thing.

We are trying to help you understand how the tax was calculated----and it was calculated according to the tax laws.    The IRS checks and approves the tax software to make sure it complies with the tax laws.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I finally got through to the IRS after days of calling and the rep said it would be only two more weeks and that was a month ago! I filed in MAY! What is actually going on? There are thousands of people who have not gotten their tax refunds yet. I know one thing...I will NEVER use Turbo Tax ever again! 

@lifepeaceharmony wrote:

I finally got through to the IRS after days of calling and the rep said it would be only two more weeks and that was a month ago! I filed in MAY! What is actually going on? There are thousands of people who have not gotten their tax refunds yet. I know one thing...I will NEVER use Turbo Tax ever again! 

No, there are millions of taxpayers who have not yet received their federal tax refunds.  Whether you use TurboTax, some other other tax preparation software, a paid tax professional or just manually completed the return and mailed it to the IRS, the tax refunds will have been delayed regardless.

The IRS is seriously behind in processing 2020 tax returns.  This is due to many factors, such as the pandemic, completing processing of millions of 2019 tax returns, stimulus payments, unemployment compensation exclusion tax refunds., changes in the tax code by Congress in the middle of the 2020 tax season and the like.

Millions of taxpayers have not yet received there federal tax refunds.

Go to this IRS website for operational status - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of July 31, 2021, we had 13.8 million unprocessed individual returns. Unprocessed individual returns include tax year 2020 returns such as those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund and in some cases this work could take 90 to 120 days. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

What you should do: In most instances, no further action is needed but you may check Where’s my refund or you can view your account. If you filed electronically and received an acknowledgement, you do not need to take any further action other than promptly responding to any requests for information. If you filed on paper, check Where’s my refund? If it tells you we have received your return or are processing or reviewing it, we are processing your return, but it may be under review. We’re working hard to get through the backlog. Please don’t file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.

JC0101

Dont bother calling you won’t get any help you’ll get sent to a recording stating they aren’t taking any calls right now to try back again/later. For going on FOUR MONTHS doesn’t matter what time you call, 7:15 am, noon, afternoon the refund dept. does not answer/take calls just FYI try a different dept just to get a person on phone and they tell you they can’t lookup any return/refund information and transfer to “refund dept” to always get a recording. I’m done being patient and nice about it. 

JC0101

Does NOT work. 

I know unemployment is taxable. What I am saying is unemployment is screwed up in the turbo tax software. TurboTax sucks! They didn’t even have their system ready to do our taxes correctly let alone properly when we input our numbers and information. THIS IS WHY EVERYONE IN MY SITUATION IS IN THE ERROR RESOLUTION DEPARTMENT STILL

i think your the worst tax co. Out there, you dodge giving direct answers to a direct question. U do nothing to help, but you were already payed by the IRS. Weren't you. The dog has your tung on this one.

TT YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT. all you have is a “cut and paste response?” The IRS told me directly on more than one occasion that YOUR SOFTWARE WAS FAULTY which is causing the majority of these delays and us ending up in the error resolution department awaiting manual processing because you had errors throughout your software this year. QUIT LYING TO PEOPLE TT! you got your money from the irs for offering the tax system now where’s ours!!!!!!

TT YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT. all you have is a “cut and paste response?” The IRS told me directly on more than one occasion that YOUR SOFTWARE WAS FAULTY which is causing the majority of these delays and us ending up in the error resolution department awaiting manual processing because you had errors throughout your software this year. QUIT LYING TO PEOPLE TT! you got your money from the irs for offering the tax system now where’s ours!!!!!!

What's funny is that all I see TurboTax people defaulting to is "unprocessed returns are requiring corrections to Recovery Rebate, EITC and ACTC"... 

Well, I didn't file for any of those rebates/credits; mine was a basic 1040 return with one additional form for overseas exemptions and it is still waiting to be processed for over 3 months now. I know many many others with much more complicated tax situations than mine who filed and their return was processed at most after 28 days of acceptance and none of them used TurboTax and a few others I know who did use TurboTax are also waiting months for their return; so this sentiment of users here blaming TurboTax for these issues, based on my experience at least, seems to hold water..

turbotax received teh money. and didn't contact teh consumer. i've spent an ungodly amount of time tracking down my money. turbotax never sent an email saying 'hey, we've got your money.' just to let you know. good luck

I'm filing a complaint with the attourney general. they've been making interest off my money. 

@cre8vekaos

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies