turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Advance

Hello so after I was filling it said I was able to get refund advance of 500 after 1hr  and I sign up for the turbo card also but still haven’t recieved the $500 help did I do something wrong or misread something ? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

You must apply for a Refund Advance before submitting your taxes for e-filing.  If you did and were approved, you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

After you’ve been approved for Refund Advance, we'll email you instructions to set up your Turbo Card account. Once your account is set up, you'll get temporary account details you can use to spend your refund advance funds online. We'll also send you a physical Turbo Card in the mail. It should arrive within 5-10 business days.

Read more about the Refund Advance process here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Advance

What if I applied and my return wasn’t accepted yet? 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Advance

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card1, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

We'll email you instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. This includes physical and online stores.

Your refund advance will not be applied to the prepaid card until the IRS accepts the return. 

For more information on the Turbo Tax Refund Advance, please visit this help guide

Biggz2883

Advance

I applied and got approved for $500 advance . My efile was accepted by the irs. How long after being accepted till you get the money on your card . 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

if you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.  Please review the TurboTax FAQ below for more information on the Refund Advance application process .

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7066850

Advance

Is there a credit check for the refund advance?

Also, if denied the advance, is there any way to change to direct deposit?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

No. There’s no credit check required to get the Turbo Visa Debit Card or to apply for Refund Advance.

If you don't qualify, you'll receive an email confirming you won’t receive a Refund Advance. It will include information about why you were not eligible for a Refund Advance. Your federal refund (minus any other agreed upon fees) will be loaded onto a Turbo Visa Debit Card.

About the Refund Advance application process

If you have already filed your return you cannot change your information.  You would have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected. If your return gets accepted,
you will not be able to make any changes.

Advance

Disclosure Agreement and Important Information

"If you’re receiving a federal refund, you could be eligible for a Refund Advance on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card (card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC). If approved, you will receive temporary card info for online use typically within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed federal return. "

Advance

Disclosure Agreement and Important Information

"If you’re receiving a federal refund, you could be eligible for a Refund Advance on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card (card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC). If approved, you will receive temporary card info for online use typically within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed federal return. "

Advance

As a reminder, your Turbo℠ Visa® Debit Card, issued by Green Dot Bank¹, will arrive soon. Although you were not approved for a Refund Advance, your refund amount, less any applicable fees and the cost of any products or services agreed to, will be loaded onto your card when the IRS or state tax authorities distributes your refund. 

What this mean? I haven't received a denial or approval email yet

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies