Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3rd Stimulus

Hello, @JamesG1 

My third stimulus check was rejected by my bank because it was listed as a checking account but it is actually savings, how do I proceed or is there anything I can do at this point? 

Thank you,

Teresa M 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

3rd Stimulus

Per the IRS, if your payment can’t be delivered to you for any reason, it will be returned to the IRS. To get your payment reissued:

• Set up direct deposit with Get My Payment. After your payment is returned to the IRS, your payment status will update to “Need More Information.” You can then choose direct deposit to a:
    • Bank account
    • Prepaid debit card (must be reloadable; contact the card issuer for information)
    • Alternative financial products that have a routing and account number associated with them
  • Update your address with the IRS. The easiest way is to file your 2020 tax return with your current address, if you haven’t already done so. Once we receive your current address, we will reissue your payment.

For other ways to update your address with the IRS, see How do I notify the IRS my address has changed?

@teresamorgan0301969

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

3rd Stimulus

I received the rest of my stimulus in the 19th. So they send two separate checks. Now mine is good 

3rd Stimulus

I haven’t received mine either, it went to a closed account and I think turbo tax has it. Where is my money turbo tax .. they said they updated the irs with our new account numbers and they didn’t. Mine is still going to a closed account 

3rd Stimulus

I’m still waiting on my third stimulus. It’s been saying I’m eligible for three months and I still have received it😩😩

3rd Stimulus

The TurboTax prepared Federal tax return showed a refund that included the third Stimulus rebate credit which I was entitled to.  But to date I have only received a refund payment which did NOT include the rebate amount ($2,800).  Perhaps these are no longer being issued?

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

The credit is still being paid. 

Please check your bank accounts to see if the payment was made but slipped your mind or wasn't noticed. 

You can check the IRS Your Online Account to see what the IRS has on record as paid to you. 

IRS Your Online Account

@retireejim1

3rd Stimulus

I 've been checking daily the account where the tax refunds go and where what I did receive (the full tax refund due, excluding the stimulus part).  Been the same one for years!  No 3rd stimulus payment so far.  However, I noticed in another comment that the IRS may be sending them out in batches, so I guess I just have to be patient.  Have a great week ahead!

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

The IRS is no longer sending out third stimulus checks @retireejim1. If you did not receive a payment, it will be added to your refund as a Recovery Rebate Credit.

Get My Payment no longer works. You can check your stimulus at your IRS account.

If you IRS account shows a payment was sent, you can request a trace.

To start a payment trace:

Reminder: DO NOT request a trace prior to the timeframes above. IRS assistors cannot start a trace prior to those timeframes.

To complete the Form 3911:

• Write "EIP3" on the top of the form to identify the payment you want to trace.
  • Complete the form answering all refund questions as they relate to your Economic Impact Payment.
  • When completing item 7 under Section 1:
    • Check the box for "Individual" as the Type of return
    • Enter "2021" as the Tax Period
    • Do not write anything for the Date Filed
  • Sign the form. If you file married filing jointly, both spouses must sign the form.

You will generally receive a response 6 weeks after we receive your request for a payment trace, but there may be delays due to limited staffing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies