Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2nd Stimulus

I haven't received my 2and stimulus yet

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

2nd Stimulus

You have not lost your stimulus money. The Recovery Rebate Credit will cover both the first and second stimulus payments. This will determine the full amount of potential refund you are entitled to based on income and eligible dependents, and will be part of the final combined refund on your return, if applicable. It was a requirement to be reconciled on the 2020 tax return.

In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:

1. Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
  3. On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
  4. Follow the interview
  5. TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
  6. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.

Get My Payment - Select the button Get My Payment to see if your information is current based on the payments you did receive.

For answers to questions about the third stimulus payment you can use any or all of the links below.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Trumpwon1

2nd Stimulus

Well guess what turbo tax expert, I did claim my 2 stimulus payment while filing my 2020 taxes and the IRS removed it. No what's your answer?

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

2nd Stimulus

To get the stimulus payment, you must reach out to the IRS, and may have to file a payment trace. The Recovery Rebate Credit could be adjusted when the IRS records indicate the check was already issued. 

To be eligible for the payments, the taxpayer must be independent, which means providing more than 50% of their own financial support without loans.

For more information, see: Update for 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit — Topic G: Correcting issues after the 2020 tax return is fil....

stevenm71

2nd Stimulus

I did my tax with your app on windows 10 the beginning of February, I was supposed to get my refund with  the second stimulus But that was taken off by IRS, it was imputed automatically when I answered I did not yet receive the second stimulus check. Aat the time the third one was yet to go through a vote. So IRS send me a CP12with multiple choice reasons which don't seem to be wrong when I check myself, the notice in the mail stating that the second stimulus was removed and I will get my tax refund in direct deposit. But when I check where is my refund for tax it says it has been sent for direct deposited on March 15and should be in by the 17th it is still not in my bank today the 29th. As far as reaching out to IRS it takes a few minutes to get to where they will connect you to customer service rep then after that a message come across telling you the phone lines are backed up, try again later, or tomorrow, I have been doing that for over 10 days now with same results every time..... I have always got my refund the end of February or the first week of March for the past over 7 years because I always file once I get all my W2s. What pisses me off the most is not the stimulus check but my tax refund check... Response from all you turbo tax experts should be this is what IRS is saying to us about the problems not this is what we need to do. After all you did get you money didn't you....

PMorrison1968
Returning Member

2nd Stimulus

I am in the same boat.  I would recommend that you look on youtube for videos addressing your concerns.  Best of luck.

2nd Stimulus

First and Second Payment Status

The first and second Economic Impact Payments no longer appear in Get My Payment.

For information on these payments, view or create your online account. Also check your mail for IRS Notices 1444 and 1444-B.

Didn't Get the First and Second Payments? Claim the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit.

If you didn't get the full amount of the first or second payment you were eligible for, you may be eligible to claim the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit and must file a 2020 tax return, even if you aren't required to file.

The third Economic Impact Payment will not be used to calculate the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

2nd Stimulus

The IRS is not telling us anything about your tax refund; they do not communicate tax processing details with TurboTax.   Once your tax return is accepted by the IRS, it is in their hands and they process it and issue your refund.  If there are any problems with the processing of your tax return, you have to contact them to rectify the situation.   Please see this discussion which details how to work the IRS phone system prompts to get to a live agent.       TurboTax software is used to prepare your tax return, but we do not process tax returns or issue refunds - only the government does that.      @stevenm71

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Soniak1976
Returning Member

2nd Stimulus

Why did everything that you guys wanted me to identity theft form fill that out extra paperwork and ID everything and then you guys sent me the water and I got you the recovery rebate credit that's been done since February 11th 2021 and then you guys said Amanda my credit are my refund so I don't know what form that is I just want to take this care of this so this nightmare goes away so I can work on my credit

Soniak1976
Returning Member

2nd Stimulus

TurboTax I need to resolve this matter I'm getting really upset and that way where I'm going to have a nervous breakdown I've done everything that I ever has wanted me to do how to recover eBay is been down since they're very loud and they want me to do a man of my refund and I might need help what's the I want this nightmare to go over email [email address removed] 

2nd Stimulus

Your post is kind of confusing.  Not sure what you meant by they sent you the water and that you got them the recovery rebate credit.

2nd Stimulus

Again not sure what you are trying to do and what  ebay has to do with turbo tax?

2nd Stimulus

@Soniak1976 

There is nothing that TT or this forum can do for you ... your issue is with the IRS and that is who you need to deal with.  Many returns have been delayed in processing so since you were stopped for an identity issue and  once you have complied with the IRS request for ID then your return is sent on for further processing which can take days to months depending on what is on your return. 

2nd Stimulus

Me2

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies