turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

The IRS website can be kind of confusing.

On one part it states that because of the PATH Act refunds can't be legally released until the 15th. Not AFTER, but on the 15th. That may lead people to believe that ON THE 15TH they're getting their money (which is possible, happened to me back in 2018)

But then another page on the site says they don't expect updates to WMR until around the 22nd, with most people receiving refunds beginning of March.

Working for a government entity I believe they say March so that their butts are covered. That way if it comes earlier, congrats good for you, if not then well they said it could be March.

share that with us as well.

I was just saying the fighting in here is irrelevant basically we are all her for the same thing.. 🙂

Good Luck to you both on an update.

This would be valid if the law passed was recent. However, it was not. This would also be valid for a NEW filer. I am sure with technology today the capability of accessing tax returns with repeat names attached to repeat filers would trigger if the child is attached with someone new. Unfortunately, people have to wait, including those who worked all year, to receive, if any, back what was paid out.   

@nick112207  it is confusing however it's always been after the 15th ever since path started minus the .00001%flukes that got it on the 15th. 

I believe the IRS always over shoots a week to be on the safe side. Last 3 years we've all seen our green backs a week earlier so I'm expecting the same this year. People need to understand since the 15th falls in a Saturday and no updates happen untill the paths lifts we will not see updates more than likely till next Wednesday when we go back to being daily updates. All I was trying to do is shed light that we will no longer be bound by their weekley updating after the path lifts I'm the 15th which is good news considering the irs said the 22nd. Anywho cheers and we'll see what happens cause anything can with the irs.

Oh plus it's a holiday Monday so that throws off  the cycle too. 

@adw89  And I hope this year is no different 

@krwbesjr1no im not saying my PATH was removed, im saying turbo estimated the 17th and i filed very early so im hoping ill get it on the 18th. irs path message is still there.

I filed 1/27 was accepted 1/29  TT says 1/17 as my date but payouts are generally fridays. I just checked to see if i could get my transcripts and it went thru which is a fantastic sign that i will be getting them soon. I NEVER rely on the irs.gov page because every year i have my money and it still reads the path act message i suggest seeing if you can get your 2019 transcript and keep an eye on the sbtpg bank they are who send out the money. Good luck all ill update again when i receive anything

@jennydamota being able to order the transcripts doesn't mean anything.

They will allow you to order them, then send you a paper that says there are no tax transcripts. I know, I've done it in the past.

@nick112207  I already have my current transcript return and account that made it to me yesterday all filled out. However you are some what right. They dont mean much other that needing information on what you filed. agi and what not. All those codes can change daily. 

@caron1981 yes if the information is in there then you will get something, but if not it will be a paper that says there is no tax transcript.

If I ordered mine right now that is what I would get, because when I check online there is no information. I don't remember which year it was but I thought I'd order the transcripts before the 15th thinking I could get some information and figure out when I'd get my refund but instead I got back the paper saying there is no tax transcript for year XXXX

@jennydamota  how do we keep an eye on the santa Barbara bank? What should I be looking for?

They have a tax payer login page , you enter your info and if the irs has released your money they will have record of it , IF you used tt. 

Honestly , we all get ourselves stress but I’ve got my return the same day for the last 3 years , nothing’s changed and I sit on path till the Saturday after I get my money. It sucks but look back in your bank deposits. If it’s not the same day I bet it’s close ( a day or 2) 

@Irishfinn91  very true. But I think we get worked up because we anticipate the money but anything can go wrong and we not know. 
I don’t wanna get worked up cause I do get my refund the same day every year. Just praying I get a update for next week.

Always got mine back on the 22nd last 3 years. Probably will be either this Friday or next Wednesday. I guess it just depends on how they update everything after presidents day.

I filed 1/25

Accepted 1/27

Path message on 2/8. 

Let's all report back this Sunday after the 15th and see what wmr changes to. 

@caron1981 My WMR changed to the path message on 02/08 because I am on the 05 weekly update cycle. Last year I received my refund on Feb 26th, my transcript said I would receive it by the 27th, my cycle code was 20190705 and my processing date was March 4th. This year everything is a week earlier. Cycle date of 20200605, processing date of 02/24 but no 846 code on my transcript yet. From what I understand my transcript only updates once a week on Fridays so I will check it tomorrow... but out of impatient curiosity does this mean I could potentially see my refund this coming week? Thanks! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies