turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2019 taxes

Hey so I had to mail in my 2019 taxes to amend them about two weeks ago but my 2020 taxes keep getting rejected because of it. what do i need to do? do i print out my 2020 taxes and mail those in too?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2019 taxes

Try using 0 (zero) for the AGI.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DavidD66
Employee Tax Expert

2019 taxes

Can you clarify why you think mailing an amended return for 2019 is causing your 2020 e-file submission to be rejected?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2019 taxes

thank you for responding! it said I had to mail in my 2019 returns, then when i try to file my 2020 taxes i have to resend my 2019 with my 2020. I don't know how to file my 2020 separately 

2019 taxes

Is the AGI rejecting?  You need to enter the AGI from your Original 2019 return not the amended one.  Or if the original AGI doesn't work then try entering 0 for the AGI.  If 0 doesn't work then you will have to print and mail your 2020 return.  

2019 taxes

What did it say?   You file each year separately.   Did you file an original 2019 return last year?  Why are you amending it?  Are you trying to do or amend 2019 online now?  Online is only for 2020.  

2019 taxes

yes it asks for my AGI, i put in what i had but it rejects it I dont know what im doing wrong or if im missing something. I cant think of anything im missing.

2019 taxes

Try using 0 (zero) for the AGI.

2019 taxes

WOOO THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKED!!!!! have a great day your the best!

2019 taxes

2019 taxes

2019 taxes

2019 taxes

@Meatloaf27  wrote:

2019 taxes

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

For a fee of $43 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies