turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AmandaBos

2014 State Refund not received by IRS

I used TurboTax premium in 2014 to file both state & federal taxes. IRS sent me notice of collection for 2014 taxes. This is a TurboTax error and I will not pay to speak to someone.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Sorry I don't understand your question.  What does your state refund have to do with the IRS?  Are they saying you didn't report your 2013 state refund (you got in 2014) as income?

The IRS is only concerned with your federal return, not your state return.  Did the IRS offset your 2018 federal refund for a state tax debt you owed? Sometimes the IRS does seize federal refunds for state taxes that are delinquent.   Or do you mean you received a letter from your state saying you owe for tax due on a 2014 return?  Do they say they changed something on your 2014 return, or that you did not pay what you owed when you filed the return --presumably in 2015 when it was due?  Why do you think it was a TurboTax error?  Did you check your own credit/bank records when you filed the 2014 state return to make sure they received your payment?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
langlri
Returning Member

The state is saying they did not get my 2014 state tax return.  Please help me get a copy of it.  Thank you.

langlri
Returning Member

It is not the IRS, it is the state of Idaho looking for a state return.

Did you actually prepare a 2014 ID return, but somehow not file it?  Or was it rejected and you did not notice?  If you still need to prepare the return you will have to get the paper form and complete it by hand, since software for 2014 is no longer available.  If you did prepare the return then it needs to be printed, signed and mailed to the state.  TT does not mail it--you do.

In order to get to the return if you prepared it, you will need to purchase PLUS when it becomes available on December 4, so that you can access that old file.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3355524-when-does-access-to-my-prior-year-turbotax-online-returns-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
langlri
Returning Member

Yes I did complete it but the state is saying they never received it.

Then send it again.  Are they saying you did not PAY the tax due?  Your only proof of payment would be your own bank/credit card records.  TurboTax never knows if, when or how you pay your tax due and cannot provide proof of payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies