Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2/11 thread- accepted on 2/11

It definitely may not be true for everyone, sure. Unfortunately, some people rely on this money and despite what’s happened in the last year, it still is the case. I hope everyone gets updates soon. 

Not sure exactly what you are referring to. I just was saying that the 152 did not mean within a few days that you would get a DD, that’s all!

Unfortunately, we have been noticing that many of our customers are receiving less than the amount that is due them.  We do not have information from the IRS as to why this occurs; however as customers continue to have questions regarding the Economic Impact Payments (EIP), we’re continuing to work with the IRS for guidance. We’re updating our customer and expert-facing articles with information as soon as we get it.

For the most up to date information available regarding stimulus amounts being sent to our customers by the IRS, please review the new FAQs in the article, How will the third stimulus impact me? 

Turbo Tax just sent me a bill for my tax return I would pay with refund but it’s not here and why people are getting less money is turbo tax messed up the refunds with your glitch that said we did not get stimulus check thanks a lot 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If you have received a bill from TurboTax, it might indicate that you have a problem with your expected refund.  Since you prepared your return to submit to the IRS, did you plan to pay TurboTax from your refund?  I recommend following up with the IRS to see your refund status.  

Sorry that you are having a bad experience with the IRS.  TurboTax does not issue refunds or Stimulus checks.  TurboTax is a tax preparation platform.  If you have submitted your return to the IRS, then TurboTax is out of the picture.  IRS is forbidden to discuss your information with TurboTax because of privacy laws.  There could be several reasons why you have not received your Stimulus or refund.

The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in the normal time frame: less than 21 days. However, it’s possible that some tax returns may require further review and could take longer.

IRS representatives can research the status of your return only if:

• It's been more than 21 days since you received your e-file acceptance notification,
  • It's been more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return, or
  • The Where's My Refund? tool directs you to contact us.

Some common issues which may extend processing times:

• Refunds from amended returns are generally issued within 16 weeks.
  • If you filed an injured spouse claim, refer to Topic No. 203 for more information.
  • For refund claims with an application for an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) attached, refer to Topic No. 857 for more information.
  • If you requested a refund of tax withheld on a Form 1042-S by filing a Form 1040-NR, allow up to 6 months from the original due date of the 1040-NR return or the date you filed the 1040-NR, whichever is later, to receive any refund due.
  • The IRS expects the earliest Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards the first week of March if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Taxpayers should check Where's My Refund? for their personalized refund date.

You can also refer to Topic No. 303 for a checklist of common errors made when preparing your tax return and for additional items that may delay the processing of your return.  See the link below for actual IRS article relating to refunds.

Topic 152

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refunds from amended returns are generally issued within 16 weeks That’s crazy when it’s not the person fault it’s was the app it had a glitch and messed up not right at all that’s bad business 

VERY bad business.  I personally will never use TT again 

SAME !!!!! Very angry and disappointed. It’s been 7 weeks for us. When I did my takes it asked if I got my previous stimulus checks. My returns are just now being processed and my return was filed wrong. It must have automatically put in that recovery credit that I had already received. My amount of return dropped to half of what turbo tax told me I was getting. Not only that, they are being held because they have to manually be fixed. This is the reason all of ours is taking so long. So not only do I lose money but also have to wait 3 times as long for that amount. I’ve always used turbo tax but after this, I will never use it again. Back to H and R I go. Maybe even try my credit karma free tax software.

All I do know at this time is they really messed up. Cost a lot of people their sanity and a lot of non bill payment. You really did it this time TT! Job well done 👍 

Completely agree.  Is their a way to see if they’re working on your transcripts?  Mine still sat N/A.  

The only way to know is if it has 2020. If it still says NA then they aren’t working yours yet. Shouldn’t be long.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies