TurboTax prompts me to save return as an individual return when it is a joint return

1st time user (new from TaxAct) just starting and want to save information just before entering income, after TurboTax has imported my TaxAct 2015 return data.  So why does TurboTax want to save my (joint) return as an individual return only in my name?  I am not very far along and I am not very impressed.  joint returns imported form last year.  TurboTax prompted me for my data (name, SSN, etc) as well as my wifes....and that it is to be a joint return.

Keep in mind that the 2016 program is just a starter edition...it is still being programmed.

Thanks for the quick - absolutely incomplete - reply.  Just bought the program and am already pissed.  Pretty lousy.  Do I get answers answered by folks just as stupid as I am (your 'exper' community)...or do I get support from TurboTax?  Maybe I will just delete this program and go back to TaxAct.

Crap.  Six emails in my inbox!  Disregard all.  I will check in in a month and decide wht program I will use...meanwhile to Amazon to review this product - so far.  Spam filter is on.  No replies needed.

Please see title of IRS Form 1040 - "U.S. Individual Income Tax Return"

Adding to comment from SweetieJean, IRS  puts the returns filed into two categories -- Individual and entity/ business returns. This does not have anything to do with the filing status  for an Individual Return  i.e. Single,  Married Filing Joint, Married Filing Separate.  Head-of-Household etc.

Personally, I think you have made a good choice moving to TurboTax --- you will guided to prepare a correct return

Well, the IRS keeps it by the SSN of the first taxpayer listed on the Joint return..

The TT naming is to distinguish your (Joint) return from that of another return you might prepare and save, such as thta of your bother, sister, parents, etc.