turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have been waiting for my Georgia State refund since February. Whenever I check it says it is processing. Is anyone else in this predicament? Anyone know of a number that I can call to actually sp

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

96 Replies

I have been waiting for my Georgia State refund since February. Whenever I check it says it is processing. Is anyone else in this predicament? Anyone know of a number that I can call to actually sp

Did you have any luck with the number provided? I've been on hold for 3 hours.
alanabc1

I've been waiting since Feb also.  Usually the state refund comes within a week or two of the federal refund but not this year
null345

Anyone get answers. My GA was accepted on the 28th of January.  It STILL says processing.  When I call they just say...it could take 90 days...I have never had it take longer than a week...
alanabc1

My tax return was accepted on feb17. Mine also is still processing. Strange how my brother got his back even before the federal return,  which he's already received now and he filed at a later date than me.
null345

Exactly. It is so weird.  Just frustrating that when I call they say nothing is wrong, just has not processed yet.  Well, everyone else's has...lol. UGH
llwood79

Same here. I worked in state but lived in another. Even though it has been fast the past 8 years, this year is over 2 months now. Still saying processing.
gauthu95

In my case, I mailed my tax return and I am not even able to track the status. It says, "please verify the information".
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Please see the following from their website:

The Department of Revenue is protecting Georgia taxpayers from tax fraud. ... It may take more than 90 days from the date of receipt by DOR to process a return and issue a refund. All first-time Georgia income tax filers, or taxpayers who have not filed in Georgia for at least five years, will receive a paper check.

https://dor.georgia.gov/wheres-my-refund

What else can I do?  

• Sign up for online access and to receive notifications from the Georgia Tax Center (GTC) when a refund has been issued or when a return has been filed with your social security number.
  • Adjust your Federal and State income tax withholdings for the immediate benefit of higher paychecks vs. a bigger tax refund

I am not sure this phone number will help you

Check out Georgia Tax Center Help.

Can't find your answer online?

Contact Customer Service:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST (excluding holidays)
877-423-6711

Per GA, allow at least 90 business days  = 18 calendar weeks = approx 4.5 months.
Holltax

We know what the site says. I think they are trying to understand what is normal. I would be willing to guess that 90 days is not normal, even for GA.  I would call the state directly. They might be able to provide some guidance.

I've had similar problem with Georgia, it's first time filing in Georgia. Got federal and SC back in less than 2 months, Georgia hasn't even started to process my return after 98 to 100 business days. This was previous year return and was mailed, calling the number is no help, repeatedly told I'll be able to check status online when they start processing.  Will mail out 2nd copy tomorrow in hope that they can get it done before  July 4th. I'm 50 years old, have NEVER dealt with such incompetence.
njm1216

The state of GA is lying to the public.  They are holding our refunds in order to collect as much interest as possible.  I filed in early March and should have received my refund 2 months ago at least.  

GA will pay you interest on late refund payments.
You can change your state withholding so that you do not have to go through this again next year.
njm1216

They won't be late with my refund for 2 more weeks (which will bring it to the 3 month mark), and I am counting every single day.  Thank you for the information, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll get that interest back if they are late.  The state has NO business holding my refund for their benefit...am I the only one angry about this?  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies