Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have been waiting for my Georgia State refund since February. Whenever I check it says it is processing. Is anyone else in this predicament? Anyone know of a number that I can call to actually sp

I filed on Feb 10, which is 127 days ago as of this post. 

The longest I've been on hold on the [phone number removed] number is three hours. 

There are no articles I can find on why there is a delay at all. My friends have received their refund. I thought I was alone until I came across this thread.

I would appreciate a link to any article on why there is a delay.

I have been waiting for my Georgia State refund since February. Whenever I check it says it is processing. Is anyone else in this predicament? Anyone know of a number that I can call to actually sp

Exact same situation. I filed Feb 6. It's my second year filing here, no address change, standard w2 jobs, a few stock trades, hsa, ira-- nothing exotic, under $1k refund. Doesn't make any sense why it's taking this long. I'm going to buy a pitchfork and axe handle (can you buy separate?) Ron Swanson on taxes.. https://vimeo.com/57723506

Wow. Accepted on January 28 and they still say it could take 90 days! It's almost been 180 days! Mine was mailed late so maybe I'll get refund by Christmas! This is ridiculous!

There is a simple fix for the GA (or any other state) ... just don't have a refund.  Plan to owe a couple of dollars when you file and just pay it then ... this way you don't need to wait for your own money to come back to you. 

Simply have less withheld ... give your employer a new allowance certificate :  

https://dor.georgia.gov/sites/dor.georgia.gov/files/related_files/document/TSD/Form/TSD_Employees_Wi...

I think we should call Harry!!!

Hey guys I was wondering the same thing and came across this article
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/georgians-have-wait-for...

I found a phone number to call and talked to a human being.  He checked the status of my account and confirmed that my return was processed on April 15, 2019 but that they had up to 90 BUSINESS days to send the refund.  He also volunteered that date would be August 21.  I will call again tomorrow (Aug 21) and see what they say now.  What recourse do we have to hold the state accountable?

Vote in different people to the state legislature to make changes ... otherwise you have no recourse if the statute allows them 90 business days.

Me too this not right. Day are fast to take taxes out of  our paycheck with no problem when it time to  pay us they are very slow

I personally have from own experience discovered the the tax service is a money pit of waste incompetence and they do not care! Too many over paid low out out people to do the work that fewer people with ability can perform 

1. You can write their office. Like I have for 2 years no reply no refund .

2. Calling never happen unless you have hours to wait then get disconnected . 

I am retired Military Pilot.Purple Heart Veteran. Caucasion male.  I am discovering the entire system is a serious inept money pit . 

3. I have had the IRS  prepare my taxes for Several years. Just to prove the point the IRS is not racially biased. That they are fair and quick with a refund  . They actually answer the phone and respond to your enquiry. Ga income tax does not care!

The Governor has the wrong people in place! To scared to clean the mess up. 

KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

I certainly understand your frustration. Please try using the number listed 404-417-6501 on Get Human and hopefully you can speak to a live representative soon.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the information. Their site shows I have a refund due after I created an account to see if there was anything wrong with my return and there wasn’t. I suppose COVID-19 is slowing everything down. I filed our return on February 15, 2020 and received my substantially larger federal refund in 7 business days. However, I’ve been waiting 10 weeks for my Georgia State refund and it is very frustrating !! When I call the 1-800 number, they tell me my refund was approved but they don’t know how long it will take for me to receive it.

Filed on February 19th..The GA Tax Center website is still saying it's being processed......SIGH!!

Jimmer1

Long delay- went from being owed a refund of over 1000 to owing over 8 grand-including a large penalty- state rep indicated no state income taxes  paid- 3 jobs at 3 large reputable firms- state taxes taken out on each W-2 with extra with holdings-submitted annually on W-4 to take care of the tax changes implemented a couple years ago-either they are being spiteful due to inquiries (multiple) or working from home and do not have the proper tools to do their jobs- all W2 forms can be imported through employer tax id number- I thinking spite and hate.

Filed early February and now have to submit more paperwork- suggestions anyone.

Same here, stuck in the process .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies