turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmanc64

I received a 1098 from the Florida Hardest hit program. They assisted in paying my mortgage during hard times. Do I need to post this under income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM

I received a 1098 from the Florida Hardest hit program. They assisted in paying my mortgage during hard times. Do I need to post this under income?

Per Internal Revenue Bulletin 2011-11, Notice 2011-14, 

" A homeowner who receives or benefits from payments made under the State Programs. . ." [of which the FL Hardest Hit Program is one] ". . . the EHLP, or an SSSP excludes the payments from gross income under the general welfare exclusion."

So you do not report any amounts received from the FL Hardest Hit Program as income.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThomasM

Per Internal Revenue Bulletin 2011-11, Notice 2011-14, 

" A homeowner who receives or benefits from payments made under the State Programs. . ." [of which the FL Hardest Hit Program is one] ". . . the EHLP, or an SSSP excludes the payments from gross income under the general welfare exclusion."

So you do not report any amounts received from the FL Hardest Hit Program as income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies