turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ngneer9

I don't want to go through all this childish Bull***t, I just want to download the software and do my taxes. I'm 60 years old and have been doing them for at least 40 yrs

How does this work? Is it all online with cartoon questions and entertaining comments or is there a more serious normal way. I've already done my 1040 and Sched A  and am willing to spend the $60 for your software to calculate the AMT only since I know you need to have a weekend and lots of patience to do that.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I don't want to go through all this childish Bull***t, I just want to download the software and do my taxes. I'm 60 years old and have been doing them for at least 40 yrs

You can purchase a downloadable installer for Mac or PC directly from Turbotax.  The web site directs you to the online (web) version since it is higher profit margin, so try scrolling down past the chart that compares online versions, and look for "Turbotax CD/Download also available" and click the link to purchase the product.  Or look for "CD/download products" at the very bottom of the page.

Or, you may want to buy the download from Amazon or Staples since they probably have a better discount.  Make sure you get Federal + E-filing + State (and not Federal +E-filing only, since you would then have to pay extra for the state program.)

Or, you can buy a CD at Costco, Walmart, Target, and many other retailers, often discounted at least as much or a little more than the Turbotax web site.  The lowest price for the CD is probably Costco, with Amazon and Staples being next-lowest.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
    ChrisH1

Dear Sir, unless I am reading your message incorrectly you are currently using TurboTax Deluxe Edition (Online). I am sorry that you have issues with the format of the product this year and while I understand your frustration I must say that we at Product Support have no avenue through which to affect changes to the development of the software.

The "cartoonish" (as you call it) format of the Interview segment of the process is likely designed to let as many users of varying backgrounds, ethnicities and education levels understand and proceed with the preparation of their tax returns in the most stress free and readily understandable way possible.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any issues or difficulties you are experiencing. If you are indeed seeking a download of the software there are two answers below which address your options to this end.

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to provide feedback. I hope the rest of your tax preparation goes smoothly.
    ngneer9

I am not using any version of Turbotax software, I'm answering questions on your website after going through signup and now just want to download the software. The questions directed me to enter personal information and then chose the appropriate software. I DON"T want to do my taxes online like this. Since i'm old, I don't trust Turbotax to keep this safe forever. I'd much rather have a stand alone software program. I didn't see an easy way to do this from your website, but a different comment says that if I look carefully, I'll be able to download the CD version which is what I really want to do.
    ChrisH1

OK then. the answers below will help you with that. On our website you'll see a link for products and pricing. If you click that you'll see a link for CD/Download products. Click that and you'll be able to choose a version and click "Buy Now" and follow the prompts to Choose "Windows/PC" or "Macintosh" underneath which you'll find a small link for "I'd like to order a CD". Hope this helps. Best of luck.

You can purchase a downloadable installer for Mac or PC directly from Turbotax.  The web site directs you to the online (web) version since it is higher profit margin, so try scrolling down past the chart that compares online versions, and look for "Turbotax CD/Download also available" and click the link to purchase the product.  Or look for "CD/download products" at the very bottom of the page.

Or, you may want to buy the download from Amazon or Staples since they probably have a better discount.  Make sure you get Federal + E-filing + State (and not Federal +E-filing only, since you would then have to pay extra for the state program.)

Or, you can buy a CD at Costco, Walmart, Target, and many other retailers, often discounted at least as much or a little more than the Turbotax web site.  The lowest price for the CD is probably Costco, with Amazon and Staples being next-lowest.

NiaW

If you have not already filed and would prefer to use a CD/Download version of the Turbo tax software, you can purchase that from the link that I have provided. https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
      Manage cookies