Vishwarath

Notice not recieved

Hello,

I filed my returns in March. Upon checking the tax transcripts online I cam to know that in April, IRS issued credit to my account, but this is yet to be received by me.  Also it says that in June they sent me a notice, which I haven't received as yet. Can anyone please let me know what I should do? 

Notice not recieved

Ok ... I think you misread the transcript ... as of the original due date of the return any payments (like withholding) are considered credited to your account.  This does not mean the return has fully processed or that a refund was issued.

If they sent you a notice in June then you should be able to read it  on this new IRS system. 

You can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Vishwarath

Notice not recieved

Hello,

Thanks for reply. I have checked the my account section in IRS website and found there has been no notice that is published in that section. However my transcript (record)  shows that notice was issued in June. Kindly let me know what I can do.