turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sdfulbright
Returning Member

No Acknowledgement From the IRS Status Checker

I filed my Federal Taxes on paper by mail on April 23, 2021, and have checked my refund status hundreds of times where the IRS does not even acknowledge having received it.  Today nearly THREE MONTHS have passed and the IRS Refund Status checker STILL does not find any record of me filing a return.  There is no place to call.  All their website says is don't send another return.  This could go on forever.  Is there NOTHING I can do? This feels like a third-world country stealing my money.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Nick-K-EA
Expert Alumni

The first step here is to confirm that your return was actually filed. You can do this by logging in to  your TurboTax account, and checking the status on your tax timeline. If you have any doubt, contact TurboTax, and an agent can check whether the return was filed.

If your return was filed, and the IRS has not yet acknowledged it, you should contact them for assistance. Once the IRS has accepted an electronically filed return, no additional information is available through TurboTax.

Nick K, EA
sdfulbright
Returning Member

I filed on Paper.  I like to leave a paper trail.

Ok Mr. Paper Trail ... now you will  wait a long long time for that choice.  You may want to reconsider next year and efile the return like 90% of the rest of the taxpayers.   Mailed in returns could take 6 months or much longer again this year.

Until the understaffed & over tasked IRS gets to finally entering your return into the system for processing the WMR?  tool will not have any news.  If you mailed the return to the correct address then all you can do is wait .  

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies