Solved: My wife and I received custody of our 2 grandchildren because of the death of their mother. They have been our home 7 months can we claim them.

My wife and I received custody of our 2 grandchildren because of the death of their mother. They have been our home 7 months can we claim them.

Yes. To claim a grandchild as your dependent

When you enter the child’s name in My Info, you will be asked “What’s your relationship to  [child’s name]?”  

Choose “another person”

a drop down menu will appear that lets you choose grandchild

Most likely, yes. When it comes to taxes, the IRS doesn't care when you may have "received custody". What matters is when they started physically living in your house and when you started actually supporting them. I'm fairly confident that was quite a bit before you were awarded any custody by the court.

Choose “another person”