Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Tax return, prepared here, contained an error resulting in additional tax due 3 months after Turbotax said it was complete. What recourse do I have?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My Tax return, prepared here, contained an error resulting in additional tax due 3 months after Turbotax said it was complete. What recourse do I have?

What was the error?   And did you use the Live Full Service Deluxe version you posted your question from?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yes I used the Live Full Service Deluxe version. The error was the preparer "missed" including a 401k distribution (clearly labeled as taxable) in my state return. I am now over 90 days trying to get the State (PA) to finalize my return, deduct the $146 in additional tax, and release the remainder of my refund. My dispute is not that I owe the $146 but how a service that costs so much and took over two weeks to finish could miss this? And what are my options for recourse.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies