Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My state taxes never came? My refund amount isnt registering in the find my refund

After calling and finally getting ahold of someone, the amount is much less! Its upsetting since i paid so much for this turbotax premier  
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My state taxes never came? My refund amount isnt registering in the find my refund

@nicoleescudero22 are you asking about your STATE or FEDERAL tax return?

if you called the STATE, did they explain why there was an adjustment.  

There are two types of errors that can occur in Turbo Tax

1) there is a bug in the software, which can generate an incorrect tax return.  TurboTax will guarentee you in that they will pay any penalties or interest charged to you in this case.

2) Taxpayer inputs something incorrectly, which can genreate an incorrect tax return.  This is the taxpayer's responsibility and Turbo Tax does not cover this situation in their guarentee.

Best to find out what went wrong by asking the State. 

MY STATE REFUND WAS LESS THAN I EXPECTED

The state will send you a letter explaining the change.  TurboTax does not get any feedback from your state after your return is accepted, so no one at TT knows why your state refund was less.   Did you owe back taxes, child support, or student loans?  Traffic fines, etc.?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies