Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My state refund says started, and it has been saying that for a few months now. When will I get my state refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My state refund says started, and it has been saying that for a few months now. When will I get my state refund?

Sorry but Started means it wasn't finished or filed.  If you efiled it should say Accepted.   Was your federal Accepted?  Or did you mail it?  You need to print out the state and mail it now.  You may have to wait until early December to get a copy to mail.  2021 returns are locked right now to get ready for 2022 to open.  

I e filed all Mine, and yes my federal was accepted. I ended up filling out another form last night for my state. And it still says started. I didn’t the amended form or something like that. What do I need to print off and send it. Could I fax it or email it 

No you  cannot fax or email your tax return.   The only way to file it now is by mail.   Print it, sign and date it, and put it in an envelope and mail it to the state.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies