Same! Nearly 2 months and no refund yet. My return was accepted Feb 13 and I'm getting that same message as you on "where's my refund" website. I was starting to think there was something wrong with my return, but it looks like several others are having the same problem! Hoping someone has an answer, because you can't talk to a real person at the IRS... 🙄
Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.
For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.
Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:
- Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets
- Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
- Identity fraud
- Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process
Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.
- What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?
- When will I get my IRS tax refund?
- Some federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act
Also see IRS.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"