ashacebedo

My return was accepted by the IRS 23 Feb but it says for a status still processing and a refund return date will be updated when available. Something wrong?

My return was accepted by the IRS 23 Feb and when I log into the site it says for a status still processing and a refund return date will be updated when available. Anyone else experiencing this? I can't get ahold of someone at IRS.
retrobec

Same! Nearly 2 months and no refund yet. My return was accepted Feb 13 and I'm getting that same message as you on "where's my refund" website. I was starting to think there was something wrong with my return, but it looks like several others are having the same problem! Hoping someone has an answer, because you can't talk to a real person at the IRS... 🙄

ColeenD3

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:

• Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
  • Identity fraud
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

Related Information:

Also see IRS.