Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

My refund was accepted but i cant track it, it keeps telling me i have to wait 24 hours after the irs has accepted, why cant i track my refund

If you are unsure if your tax return was successfully submitted and e-filed please see this TurboTax FAQHow do I check my e-file status?

@type-writer

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My refund was accepted but i cant track it, it keeps telling me i have to wait 24 hours after the irs has accepted, why cant i track my refund

I'm in the same situation 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@rtobin20 Have you tried reaching out to the IRS directly for more information on your return? If not, here's how you can contact them: How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

Things are no better in 2022

Same issue in 2022

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review this FAQ for details surrounding WMR and the ability to track your refund @knjmom0607 .

BarkleyG

Did you ever receive the taxes from last yr?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@BarkleyG

This is an old thread and may have some outdated information.  Are you wanting to track your return?  To do this, please see this link for our Refund Tracking Guide.  

The link takes you to the same links provided above. No one gives a straight answer he told you it said accepted. He waited weeks and it still says they didn't receive it and wait 24 hours. How about you "Experts" actually answer the question 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Sammasters

This is an old thread that you are commenting on that may contain outdated information.  Did you have a specific question?

The specific question is, why does the track my refund links after filling out the information correctly, still say wait 24 hours when it has been weeks since we get the email from you saying it was excepted by the IRS? Your email says theu accepted it, and the IRS website says they don't.  So what's the deal?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Sammasters

Sometimes it just takes longer for the IRS to update their website - Please consider the amount of returns that they are processing.  We unfortunately have no control over this and can only provide an estimated timeline.  For additional information on this, please continue to check back to the IRS' Where's My Refund site.  If it is taking longer than 21 days to obtain your refund, please review this Help Article.  

[edited 3/4/22 5:20 PM CST]

Mtp0675

Same here. I have a feeling we'll be waiting for a minute. Try OWING the IRS money though, lol. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies