Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My middle initial is wrong. Do I need to Chang it and how? It should be an "L", not a "B". Thanks.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
nyinyeb

My middle initial is wrong. Do I need to Chang it and how? It should be an "L", not a "B". Thanks.

If you have not filed your Federal Tax return, you can correct that information by taking the following steps:

• In your return, click on ''Personal Info''
  • On "Personal Info Summary" page, where your name is listed, click on "Edit"
  • On "Your personal info'' page, correct your middle initial and click on Continue button

If you have already filed your Federal Tax return, don't worry about it, typos happen and the middle initial won't affect anything on your return processing. The IRS usually matches the Social Security Number with the first few letters of the last name, so you are good!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nyinyeb

If you have not filed your Federal Tax return, you can correct that information by taking the following steps:

• In your return, click on ''Personal Info''
  • On "Personal Info Summary" page, where your name is listed, click on "Edit"
  • On "Your personal info'' page, correct your middle initial and click on Continue button

If you have already filed your Federal Tax return, don't worry about it, typos happen and the middle initial won't affect anything on your return processing. The IRS usually matches the Social Security Number with the first few letters of the last name, so you are good!

Amau-ri

initial

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies